How compatible is RQ6 supplements with BRP?

PoppySeed45

Recently, I've got my eye on the RQ6 supplement Ships and Shield Walls. However, I have no intention of buying the RQ6 Core Rules, since I've already got BRP Gold.

The supplement really seems to fill a whole in my gaming armory. How compatible is it then?,are there any big things I'll have to convert to use the product with an existing BRP campaign?

I haven't given Ships & Shield Walls a proper read through only just skimmed through it. But from what I have seen most stuff seem to be usable as is. Some minor tweaking is required but didn't see that any big changes needs to be done.

Even though I think you are missing out on the excellent RQ6 Core Rules I do understand sticking with the BGB. Have had the same thoughts myself. One book to rule them all.  ;D

I haven't given Ships & Shield Walls a proper read through only just skimmed through it. But from what I have seen most stuff seem to be usable as is. Some minor tweaking is required but didn't see that any big changes needs to be done.

Even though I think you are missing out on the excellent RQ6 Core Rules I do understand sticking with the BGB. Have had the same thoughts myself. One book to rule them all.  ;D

Thanks for that! I may give it a shot. The PDF is so cheap. And yeah, trying NOT to buy bunches of core rules.

RQ6 Has notably different combat, and uses hit locations. I think those are the biggest differences from stock BRP in terms of compatibility. I don't think you would have much trouble using a RQ6 Supplement with your BRP Stuff, unless you're looking to use it for creatures/NPC Stats (they wouldn't have a general pool of HP, you'd have to calculate it, for instance)

RQ6 Has notably different combat, and uses hit locations. I think those are the biggest differences from stock BRP in terms of compatibility. I don't think you would have much trouble using a RQ6 Supplement with your BRP Stuff, unless you're looking to use it for creatures/NPC Stats (they wouldn't have a general pool of HP, you'd have to calculate it, for instance)

Yeah but that is not a huge problem. Once you learn the formulas you can do it on the fly. At least I do. I do use the Hit Location optional rule in most of my BRP games so the step over is not a big one. If you just use the Major Wound rules the conversion is even simpler since you just have to calculate the total HP and that hardly takes a second. Luckily the Shield and Walls supplement don't focus too much on combat and when it does it does seem to be abstract enough so it would slot right into the BRP rules without any problems regardless if you use Hit Locations or not.

Yeah but that is not a huge problem. Once you learn the formulas you can do it on the fly. At least I do. I do use the Hit Location optional rule in most of my BRP games so the step over is not a big one. If you just use the Major Wound rules the conversion is even simpler since you just have to calculate the total HP and that hardly takes a second. Luckily the Shield and Walls supplement don't focus too much on combat and when it does it does seem to be abstract enough so it would slot right into the BRP rules without any problems regardless if you use Hit Locations or not.

Oh. I wasn't saying it was a major hurdle; just that it was the biggest hurdle to keep in mind. I agree. It's not that hard. I'm not familiar enough with the formulae to do it off the top of my head, but it still doesn't take that long to calculate while I'm planning.

Luckily the Shield and Walls supplement don't focus too much on combat.

Actually, it focuses a heck of a lot on combat - the Shield Wall rules, at least. What you're thinking of is our forthcoming supplement: Weavers and Knitting Circles, a guide to all things artisanal.

:)

• Like 1

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

Actually, it focuses a heck of a lot on combat - the Shield Wall rules, at least. What you're thinking of is our forthcoming supplement: Weavers and Knitting Circles, a guide to all things artisanal.

:)

Oh Boy! Finally, the detailed basketweaving supplement I've been waiting for all these years. ;)