DIADOCHI WARLORDS Campaign

Chris

Hi

Story continues with more group combat

https://chrisbrann.wordpress.com/2021/10/12/the-odyssey-of-telamon-and-friends-chapter-2-part-7/

I have decided to have a look at rewriting the Shield Wall rules as not tottally happy with the way they work

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi

Next two sessions story here

https://chrisbrann.wordpress.com/2022/06/03/the-odyssey-of-telamon-and-friends-chapter-3-part-10/

Extra info not in story as players do not know it as yet, you might want to read story first then this after

[As Archi was at the divinations his chaos ability which a-lines with his hatred of the gods kicked in giving Jason a minus 70% to his Divination skill roll. However as the rolls for both divinations were 96 and 95 both would have failed anyway. What does this mean? Has the failed divination made the divination of Hera worse?]

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Chris! I don’t comment much but I wanted to tell you I love your stuff and I am taking notes in preparation for my first “Greece” game! Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

41 minutes ago, rsanford said:

Hey Chris! I don’t comment much but I wanted to tell you I love your stuff and I am taking notes in preparation for my first “Greece” game! Keep up the good work!

Thank you, hope your game goes well.

It's an interesting time to run a game in. this one will finish in a few sessions then we will be playing in a different world.

Its what we do play one campaign then switch around and come back.

You must post your game when you start

My game will be slightly different but in a similar setting as your game. I’m not sure if the date yet but it will probably be about 300 BCE - right before Alexander.

Basically the old Gods of Greece (Apollo, Zeus, Artemis, etc) still exist but are very weak, impotent and dying because Greece no longer worships them with the same sincerity as they did in the old days. However one of the Gods, Artemis, has a few devout believers left and thus still has a little power. She manifest to the player party charging them to do what’s necessary to bring the old gods back to power and glory. This takes the form of numerous adventures (as part of a campaign) to obtain items of power, punish the Greek citizenry that has fallen away from the Gods, glorify the gods, and inspire worship and fear of the gods in the citizenry.

• Like 1

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2022 at 10:02 PM, rsanford said:

My game will be slightly different but in a similar setting as your game. I’m not sure if the date yet but it will probably be about 300 BCE - right before Alexander.

Basically the old Gods of Greece (Apollo, Zeus, Artemis, etc) still exist but are very weak, impotent and dying because Greece no longer worships them with the same sincerity as they did in the old days. However one of the Gods, Artemis, has a few devout believers left and thus still has a little power. She manifest to the player party charging them to do what’s necessary to bring the old gods back to power and glory. This takes the form of numerous adventures (as part of a campaign) to obtain items of power, punish the Greek citizenry that has fallen away from the Gods, glorify the gods, and inspire worship and fear of the gods in the citizenry.

If you are going to be playing the above campaign using the Diadochi Warlords background and rules amendments for Mythras can I recommend to your players :- 1) Kill all Philosophers on sight as they bugger up divinations just by being in general area and weaken belief in the gods.  Something which looks like a bolt of lightning would be good but a heavy falling thing would also work 2) Compared to other settings players may have played in, what they will rapidly find is that in the Diadochi period most hand to hand weapons are medium so unable to bash through a parry and while Greek Armour is OK it leaves the arm exposed so unless someone is using a Hopolite shield in a passive manner to cover both arms and the chest........the classic blow is special effect - select location - Sword arm (not head!).  Tend to take view that this lack of all over armour and shortage of instant magical healing makes stand up fights in Diadochi Warlords rather more hazardous than players may be used too 3) My advise is fight quick and dirty! Its better to call upon the gods (divine intervention) to win a fight quickly and suffer loss of an EXP point rather than risk loss of arm & pay attention to the options for "sing" not a skill which gets much use in many settings so players may ignore.  

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/22/2022 at 8:56 PM, rsanford said:

Hi

Well this is the last part of the current story/campaign 

We will come back to it but playing Perceforest next

https://chrisbrann.wordpress.com/2022/10/05/the-odyssey-of-telamon-and-friends-chapter-3-part-16/

Running an open game worked better than I expected, even if I had to direct the players once of twice

God Bless you

Chris

Edited by Chris
  • Like 1