CONAN Adventures In An Age Undreamed Of

Mankcam

Ok I know this is BRP Central, and this isn't a BRP game, so I've posted this in the Alastor Skull/Other Games section; for those you don't follow RPGnet and such.

Just letting people know that the new CONAN game is coming out pretty soon, the production looks great and the content is really very good as well.

Being a skill-based game, it is very similar to BRP and many people will be familiar with the structure of the game mechanics. Its heavy on cultures, skills, hit locations, etc - basically everything that BRP does well, except it doesn't have the cool D100% skill mechanic at it's core (an easy conversion if really required). Obviously the influence of some of the previous BRP authors involved in its production is good to see.

Considering that Gloranthan fans are also often fans of The Hyborian Age, then this release will be of interest to many. Looks like the perfect game to play in our breaks between fighting chaos entities and running around evoking Runepowers and such.

Anyway I just saw this backer preview on YouTube, so it's a shape of things to come regarding general release: 

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 1

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

I also have the CONAN board game, but like everything I havent even had time to play it yet. I have a backlog of reading material, with RD100 next on my list. But the CONAN board game definately needs some use at my place

I backed this rpg for the content as well, intending to port it to BRP down the track. However I'm pleased to say the actual RAW covers most things I would want in a game like this, except it doesnt use a D100% skill mechanic.

This would be the only thing to make it better, but in most other ways the game mechanics look to have the same flavour as a BRP game. Its closer to BRP in flavour than it would be to Storyteller or FATE, for instance. So I might as well run it out of the box.

The team has done really well with it, I expect it will garner many ackolades down the track.

Seeing both The Hyborian Age and Glorantha done well does makes me appreciate the times we live and game in!

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

17 hours ago, RosenMcStern said:

Ah, yes, this game has one Jason D. guy as the line manager. Have you ever heard about him?

Must be a newbie :)