[OT] High Quality POD

sdavies2720

My father has been using Avalon Innovations to print some personal travel journals that include lots of pictures. Avalon has always done a great job, but recently has not been answering phones or e-mails for a couple of months.

Does anyone have a recommendation of a Print on Demand/one-off print company that does high quality color work? I found Avalon from an RPG thread, so I'm hopeful someone here will have ideas.

Avalon was slightly cheaper, and MUCH higher quality than local kinkos, so he's motivated to find a replacement.

Thanks.

Steve

Bathalians, the newest UberVillians!

Most of us independent publishers use Lulu Press (Self Publishing - Lulu.com). It does a decent job but it is not exactly cheap.

Also, bear in mind that Lulu is not, strictly a printer - Lulu uses a number of different actual printing companies world wide with compatible PoD equipment. I believe Avalon Innovations was a US PoD company with their own PoD equipment.

Think the OP's best bet would be to inquire in the industry forums at RPGNet.

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by NickMiddleton

Think the OP's best bet would be to inquire in the industry forums at RPGNet.
Thanks. Now that you mention it, RPGnet may have been where I found Avalon Innovations in the first place.

AI does (did) have their own equipment, and did great work. They were just a little unreliable (apparently that's typical for printers) and now most recently have gone off the airwaves...

Thanks.

Steve

Bathalians, the newest UberVillians!