Umathela and Brithini

Manu

While reading the GoG, I saw that in Umathela, the malkionist are mostly Sedalpists. And this is very close to the Talar on the Brithini (cannot carry weapons)

Also, In Talur, there is a sect of 'Daughters of Manena'. In the Britini Society, the Menena is the woman's caste.

Is it just 'luck' or is the link between the 2 cultures stronger than I thought?

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Manu said:

Is it just 'luck' or is the link between the 2 cultures stronger than I thought?

The Sedappists have more than one caste which distinguishes them from being Brithini Talars.  Likewise Menena is part of Malkioni mythology and not just the exclusive property of the Brithini.

The strongest Brithini connection to Umathela would be that the Vadeli, their bitterest enemies, are there.  So in order to be strong against the Vadeli, one tens to adopt Brithini values.

And another point: the Daughters of Menena of Talur is a groupe of powerfull sorceress that fought the Fonritians. If I understand it well, they are not at all Sedalpists as they fought. I like the idea of bad ass female sorceress in a world of 'peacefull' wizard!!!

1 hour ago, Manu said:

Thanks. Where can I find this 'Mythology' with Menena?

There isn't much.  Basically she's mentioned as Malkion's daughter and that's the sum of it (I was going to cite Revealed Mythologies but she is not mentioned there!).  The Daughters of Menena are engaging in revisionist heroquesting with their interpretation of her.  

10 hours ago, metcalph said:

The strongest Brithini connection to Umathela would be that the Vadeli, their bitterest enemies, are there.  So in order to be strong against the Vadeli, one tens to adopt Brithini values.

I should correct myself.  There *is* a Brithini migration of 632 ST of which some of the migrants went south of Jrustela to unknown destinations (Middle Sea Empire p12, Revealed Mythologies p53 although it's dated a few years later).  So they were around to be known to the Sedalpists.