RQG Character Creation Spreadsheet (multi-lingual) now includes Weapons & Equipment! And 日本語!

PhilHibbs

v1.10.1 Alpha 2: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mH2doDSz95id-A8Ya6alrv-eMIrAMxDbi1JFaKI-2uI/edit?usp=sharing

• Added all the Jonstown Compendium DuckPac character creation options. Use the Rules tab to enable them, then pick the options prefixed "DP" at the end of the lists.
  • In order to facilitate extending the list with JC publication weapons, I have split out the Weapons sheet into the three types.

Known Issues:

• Jonstown Compendium character creation does not include the famiily history. Not sure if I am going to add that. There's nothing to stop you from entering whatever text you like against each year, rather than picking only from the drop down list. I have added a few blank years (with no drop down list), particularly because 1614 is a Duck Hunt year and could be important. I might add an entirely new Duck Family History sheet with all the options selectable.
Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Like 2

On 9/25/2022 at 10:46 PM, TheNemesis said:

Weapons and Equipment page 89

image.png.acc79803b9236d5a2d37d6701fa5e0a5.png

Hm. Not sure how I would handle that. I think I'd have to add three copies of each of the natural weapon attacks, so you'd pick "Kick with Spikes", "Kick with Bronze Plating", etc. I think this is just something that the player will have to remember to add themselves, like Bladesharp.

37 minutes ago, PhilHibbs said:

Hm. Not sure how I would handle that. I think I'd have to add three copies of each of the natural weapon attacks, so you'd pick "Kick with Spikes", "Kick with Bronze Plating", etc. I think this is just something that the player will have to remember to add themselves, like Bladesharp.

Given that this is a mundane -not-magical augment, and thus permanent(ish)... is there any way for the player to mod/edit the sheet directly, rather than record it as a separate thing to be autocalc'ed?

C'es ne pas un .sig

24 minutes ago, g33k said:

Given that this is a mundane -not-magical augment, and thus permanent(ish)... is there any way for the player to mod/edit the sheet directly, rather than record it as a separate thing to be autocalc'ed?

Oh yes absolutely, just open up the Weapons tab (or, in the new JC extended version, the WeaponsMelee tab) and find the "Hoof (Centaur)" line and change the damage to 1D8+1.

Or copy and duplicate the "Hoof (Centaur)" line, and call it "Plated Hoof (Centaur)" with the +1 added.

You can add other weapons entries, so if you have horns with spikes you can add a "Gore" weapon entry, with or without the +1 or +2 for plating or spikes.

Edited by PhilHibbs

I am adding "Martial Arts" to the sheet, which should have been there all along as it is a skill listed in the rule book even though it isn't on the character sheets.

Also Silent Speech, a new skill from the Pirates of the East Isles book.

They might not show up on the CharSheet, I don't know if I will implement a swap-out thing like I do for racial sense skills like Darksense. You can always edit the layout yourself, it isn't too hard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PhilHibbs said:

Oh yes absolutely, just open up the Weapons tab (or, in the new JC extended version, the WeaponsMelee tab) and find the "Hoof (Centaur)" line and change the damage to 1D8+1.

Given the nature of this sort of thing, that would seem to be the way a player would do it.

One other idea for you, however:  create a new "Mundane Enhancement" subroutine, wherein things like "better weapons" and/or "weapon improvement" can be tracked, and would do that direct-edit of the sheet.

Stuff you don't necessarily want to occur on the standard/default menus.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

11 hours ago, g33k said:

One other idea for you, however:  create a new "Mundane Enhancement" subroutine, wherein things like "better weapons" and/or "weapon improvement" can be tracked, and would do that direct-edit of the sheet.

Hm. That would involve...

• User highlights the weapon attribute to change
  • Select a menu option "Amend weapon attribute"
  • Edit box pops up, populated with the existing attribute value (e.g. "1D8")
  • User edits the attribute and clicks OK
  • Code looks to the left, finds the weapon name
  • Looks for the name in the Weapons sheet
  • Figures out which column in the Weapons sheet corresponds to the amended column
  • Alters the value

All that is very much do-able. I will consider it!

As a safety feature I would also tick an "amended" column in the Weapons sheet, which would show up in CharGen, so that the user is aware that the weapon line has been altered.

v1.10.1 Alpha 3:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Um5NUPiKjm1b9EXmtbhwnC4TkF9A8222CsgnRj3mcJc

• Added Pirates of the East Isles races (Keets), backgrounds, occupations, cults (dojos are in the cults list).

Known Issues

• Because you pick a dojo and a cult, but only get the skills for one, this presents a problem for the spells list. The list of spells to pick from is populated at the same time as the skills are added. You can't have the one without the other. This is also a problem for any other character who is a member of two cults - you can only have one cult's list of spells to pick from in the drop down lists. You can still type any spell name you like in the spell lists and just ignore the warning triangle (or remove the validation in the Data menu).

To Do

• There is a second box on the sheet for "Cult". I might add a menu option "Add cult spells". Enter the cult name on the sheet, select the menu option, and it adds in that cult's spells to the section that drives the drop down lists.
Edited by PhilHibbs

23 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

Hm. That would involve...

• User highlights the weapon attribute to change
  • Select a menu option "Amend weapon attribute"
  • Edit box pops up, populated with the existing attribute value (e.g. "1D8")
  • User edits the attribute and clicks OK
  • Code looks to the left, finds the weapon name
  • Looks for the name in the Weapons sheet
  • Figures out which column in the Weapons sheet corresponds to the amended column
  • Alters the value

All that is very much do-able. I will consider it!

As a safety feature I would also tick an "amended" column in the Weapons sheet, which would show up in CharGen, so that the user is aware that the weapon line has been altered.

That also helps in case a weapon is damaged or otherwise altered in negative ways as well.

Just curious - do you manually enter all the item data yourself, or is there some way you grab and format it?

1 hour ago, TheNemesis said:

That also helps in case a weapon is damaged or otherwise altered in negative ways as well.

Good point.

1 hour ago, TheNemesis said:

Just curious - do you manually enter all the item data yourself, or is there some way you grab and format it?

Pretty much all manual. I might have done something clever with the weapons table but I can't really remember, it was years ago!

v1.10.1 Alpha 4:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GsjaxuR5sSqDFA8U8AwWE7miFzX1y6wdGiqHKm656Kw/edit?usp=sharing

• Fixed a spelling mistake in the Customs skill for Orandaliel and Vatofeneg cultural skills
  • Fixed a spelling mistake in the Listen skill for the Hunting Dojo
  • Fixed Sword Dancers and Erabbamanth Dance skill
  • Added in the Common Rune Spells for all Parloth cults

The best way to handle dojo and cult at the moment is to select the dojo, apply the skills, select the cult, apply the skills (which also adds the spells to the drop down lists), and then manually remove the skill bonuses that the cult gave. You can then manually add the dojo name into the second cult slot on CharSheet.

v1.10.1 Alpha 5:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vrLsYi8mKvdRv0EEnsBt0Dohi80oXRoVGjtg6czLipw

• Implemented new menu option, "Fill Spell Picks". This checks both cults in the CharSheet on rows 85 and 86 and adds all the spirit and rune spells to the drop down selection lists. With this feature, you can pick a main cult (or dojo from Pirates of the East Isles), get the skills and spells with the fill button on the CharSheet, then add a second cult and select this new menu option. The two spell lists from the cults will be merged into the drop down lists.

Known Issues

• Elder Race Lore is not handled correctly as separate skills.

I've entered it as a single skill, Lore (Elder Race) when in fact it should be several sub-skills each of which starts at 5%. So if you put Lore (Uz) you won't get the 5% base.

I might handle this by adding all the elder races as separate skills, then when you enter one as a speciality of Lore then you'll get the base.

Anyone who has entered "Elder Race" in their Lore skill list and added points to it should change it to one of the specific elder races.

v1.10.1 Alpha 6:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MHcY4nQMaQGfTWDWZTvsshkGdayHH2LEuBo-jvEi1uQ

• Added all three Holiday Dorastor supplements (Seven Hills, Spider Woods, Woods of Terror) races, homelands, occupations, cults.
  • Added all the elder race Lore skills with base 5%.
  • Added in the weapons from the Glorantha Bestiary (hesh, whipstick, klanth, utuma, etc.)
Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Like 1

On 9/25/2022 at 10:46 PM, TheNemesis said:

Weapons and Equipment page 89

image.png.acc79803b9236d5a2d37d6701fa5e0a5.png

I don't think I am going to do anything about this. I see it like iron or other rune metal items. You might have one with the property and one without, so editing the entry in the Weapons list would not be the right thing to do.

The easiest way is just to edit the line on the CharGen sheet:

image.png.fc89dc7e439aa87aefaf0a61a7673531.png

If I do add a feature then I will probably make it prompt for a new name and create a new entry as a duplicate of an existing one.

Edited by PhilHibbs

Known Issues

• The "Extra" column in the Runes box is supposed to track experience after character generation. However, this column is after and not included in the opposing runes calculation, so experience in for example Death does not figure in to the Fertility rune calculation as a negative.
Edited by PhilHibbs

v1.10.1 Alpha 8: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1auJ5kYULlf_iZi4WG-B7_cNjEcNcmslWGaSFaQV1WN8

• Added all the core runes to the CharGen tab. When changing race to one with a different opposing Man Rune, the two rune names get swapped (but at present it doesn't swap any numbers apart from automatic cultural bonuses, because you really should do that before creating the character).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just found a bug in 1.10.1 Beta 1. You can't choose a race, the code fails before completion. This is so fundamental to using the sheet for anything at all that I can only assume that nobody has used it, so the usefulness of adding JC stats is doubtful.

I'll still do it, but I don't feel so bad about dragging my feet on getting COH added!

p.s. I fixed 1.10.1 Beta 1 directly, usually I don't do that but this is such a breaking bug that there's no point not.

As to the failure, it's ok for Man/Beast races as it fails during the rune swap process. Only for Plant rune races does the failure actually make a difference.

Edited by PhilHibbs

• 1 month later...

v1.10.1 Beta 2:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TOTPT3xOP6FLSXHwfUmvdahwrjPcy0YJenrp4-_mIYQ

• Added Children of Hykim character creation content.
  • Changed the Man and Beast calculations to take into account other form runes. If your Dragonewt rune goes up by 10, your Man Rune will go down by 10. If you want to lose the points off Beast instead, then put a +10 in Man or -10 in Beast, or 5 to split the change.

v1.10.1 Beta 3:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iXn3LG-M8Y49Ax62YMSidzELWiqqn96aKwKgP90-3tw

• Added Adventurers from the Lunar Provinces content (ALP) to the JC extensions (needs to be enabled on the Rules tab).
  • Changed the way that skills and runes are added up so that copying and pasting no longer breaks the formulae.

Note that where a homeland gives more than one possible rune bonus, you will be given all of them. Delete the ones that are not appropriate.

Edited by PhilHibbs

• 1 month later...

This tool is fantastic, and much appreciated.

I am having trouble with activating the Jonstown Compendium content, though. Even after activating it, nothing new appears in the menus. I am not getting any error messages (and yes, I did authorize the script). I have tried saving a fresh copy (v1.10.1 Beta 3) and the problem is repeatable. If I look at the sheets menu (three horizontal bars at the left of the named sheets), I can see the JC content sheets as hidden sheets. But nothing new appears in the Race, Culture, etc menus.

Any ideas?