RQG Character Creation Spreadsheet (multi-lingual) now includes Weapons & Equipment! And 日本語!

PhilHibbs

• 1 month later...

Thinking about a quicker mechanism for doing NPC statblocks.

I could re-use the existing mechanics and add new professions that include everything that you need, but I think it would need a new mechanism for characteristics. A set of pre-rolled numbers with labels like "tough", "wily", "smart", "feeble" etc. I could maybe do that with the races mechanic, so a tough gets 1D8+10 STR SIZ and CON but 1D6+8 INT etc.

That would only require:

• Pick characteristics archetype (tough, wily, smart).
  • Click the Race Apply button.
  • Click the "Roll" dice icon.
  • Pick profession archetype (outlaw, trader, scholar).
  • Click Profession Apply button.
  • Go to the CharSheet and pick the weapons in the drop down lists.

I could bundle all of the "click" functions into one. And I could maybe automate populating the weapons into the character sheet.

Could I do a cut down character sheet, that only has the skills that a typical statblock would contain? Tricky. Maybe I could implement something that runs down the list of skills in the CharGen sheet and populates anything that is better than base chance into the StatBlock sheet.

I think the archetypes should be kept separate from the character creation options, maybe I will add a "rule" that swaps the two out like I have with RQ3/RQG category modifiers.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Runesword said:

I think I've spotted a bug in column 5. The probability distribution comes out as "2" to "5" as 1/6 each but "1" has a probability of 1/4 and "6" a probability of 1/12. This is because a value less than <0.5 comes out as 1.

I'm not seeing it. I just rolled a bunch of numbers and 6 and 4 came out as the most common die result.

I doubled the sample size to just over 200 die rolls and I get this distribution:

1 2 3 4 5 6
35 35 25 40 37 38

Not sure why 3 is so low. I'll keep rolling.

Over 500 dice rolled:

1 2 3 4 5 6
83 80 84 89 78 90

When you say "column 5", what do you mean? The die roll result is in column I (9th column) in the current version:

image.png.6986a5af4e7e970488a5e39e94b33b2d.png

Ohhhh are you looking at the v1.2 Excel version? That's super old and I haven't looked at it in years. Still, I can't see a problem with it.

Edited by PhilHibbs

• 1 month later...

v1.19.10 Beta 5: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d7HumuZspiIdT79ECeHhS_jv4QGVNkdyz2VXRpsZ01M

• Fixed a bug where Bison and Impala Riders do not get the cultural modifier to SIZ. Any culture that got a modifier to STR, CON, or SIZ would not automatically get it (there are no others though, just those two Praxian tribes). WAHA!
Edited by PhilHibbs

• 1 month later...

v1.9.10 Beta 6: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NdXB2nvsZIUPGYBMP547Kek9Y2Z-6Az6wDBmING9QD8

• If you change the Occupation to "Shaman", then you will get the +3 to Spirit Combat Damage that shamans get.

Known Issues:

• Fetch POW is not tracked, and so is not taken into account in any of the places that it should be. According to The Well corrections, it should be incorporated into all kinds of places, so if you want that, just put the fetch POW in the "Temp Adds" column and use the small numbers.
Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Like 1

• PhilHibbs changed the title to RQG Character Creation Spreadsheet (multi-lingual) now includes Weapons & Equipment!
  • 2 months later...

So let me start by saying I LOVE the generator. It's amazing!

I am making a centaur and had a couple questions though. I don't see any place for the horseshoe weapon that adds +1 dmg to hoof attacks.

But much bigger, I noticed in the bestiary that there's an inconsistency, and I'm not sure what the right answer is.

In the bestiary, the NPC centaur (page 31) average is listed as having 15 HP and their hit location HP is:

Right Hind Leg 01–02 1/6
Left Hind Leg 03–04 1/6
Hindquarter 05–06 1/9
Forequarter 07–08 1/9
Right Foreleg 09–10 1/6
Left Foreleg 11–12 1/6
Chest 13–14 2/9
Right Arm 15–16 2/6
Left Arm 17–18 2/6
Head 19–20 3/7

BUT on page 10 it gives this:

Centaurs
Right Hind Leg 01–02 4
Left Hind Leg 03–04 4
Hindquarter 05–06 6
Forequarter 07–08 6
Right Foreleg 09–10 4
Left Foreleg 11–12 4
Chest 13–14 6
Right Arm 15–16 4
Left Arm 17–18 4
Head 19–20 6

This is also with 13-15 HP and instructs adding +1 for every 3 add'l HP.

So what's the correct deal? Do NPCs get special stat blocks, or is there something weird with the math somewhere?

image.png

6 hours ago, Nemesis716 said:

So let me start by saying I LOVE the generator. It's amazing!

😁

I am making a centaur and had a couple questions though. I don't see any place for the horseshoe weapon that adds +1 dmg to hoof attacks.

I will add it (next week). You can add your own entries to the Weapons tab though.

But much bigger, I noticed in the bestiary that there's an inconsistency, and I'm not sure what the right answer is...

I seem to remember some contradiction, I'll look into it again. Can't do anything until next week though.

I can't see any correction so maybe ask in the Q&A topic?

In the near future I will be adding the Holiday Glorantha character creation details, and also the Duckpak amendments to durulz creation.

Also there is East Isles, which I have.

Are there any other character creation details from JC publications that I could add? If I don't own them then I'd either need a paste from the PDF or someone to transcribe the numbers into my sheet layout. If they divert from the standard system (fixed culture, occupation, cult numbers) then I might not be able to cover everything.

I will make the JC stuff optional with a button to click to enable them all.

1 hour ago, PhilHibbs said:

Are there any other character creation details from JC publications that I could add?

There's one for the Hsunchen in The Children of Hykim. Private message me on here if you don't have it and want to take a look.

• Thanks 1

--

An Unofficial Buyer's Guide to RuneQuest and Glorantha lists everything currently available for the game and setting, across 60 pages. "Lavishly illustrated throughout, festooned with hyperlinks" - Nick Brooke. The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "A wonderful blend of researched detail and Glorantha crazy" - Austin Conrad. The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Stunning depictions of shamanistic totem-animal people, really evocative" - Philip H.

There are also several for the elves, dryads, pixies and voralans of Dorastor in Holiday Dorastor: Woods of Terror.

• Like 1

--

An Unofficial Buyer's Guide to RuneQuest and Glorantha lists everything currently available for the game and setting, across 60 pages. "Lavishly illustrated throughout, festooned with hyperlinks" - Nick Brooke. The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "A wonderful blend of researched detail and Glorantha crazy" - Austin Conrad. The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Stunning depictions of shamanistic totem-animal people, really evocative" - Philip H.

On 9/23/2022 at 2:21 AM, TheNemesis said:

But much bigger, I noticed in the bestiary that there's an inconsistency, and I'm not sure what the right answer is.

The new Q&A has amended the hit chart such that the head gets 1 less HP than my sheet did. Fixing it...

If you want to fix it yourself in your sheet, if you have work you don't want to lose, then un-hide the Lookups sheet and change Cell AR7 from 3 to 2. Everything else will flow from this.

OOPS no it's worse than that, all the other locations are low by 2 points!

Okay, the entire line from AI7 to AR7 needs changing, add 2 to all the numbers except AR7 (head) where you add 1.

Edited by PhilHibbs

v1.9.10 Beta 7:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HW7cgx24Xj9Aew7pzMr7AmNz3u_Tdd_z_HDyXzadDYc

• Fixed Centaur hit points per location according to latest Q&A clarifications.

If you are using an older version for a centaur character and don't want to use the transfer feature:

1. Un-hide the Lookups sheet.
  2. Amend the range from AI7 to AR7, add 2 to all the numbers except AR7 (head) where you add 1.
  3. Optionally, hide the Lookups sheet.
Edited by PhilHibbs

3 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

v1.9.10 Beta 7:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HW7cgx24Xj9Aew7pzMr7AmNz3u_Tdd_z_HDyXzadDYc

• Fixed Centaur hit points per location according to latest Q&A clarifications.

If you are using an older version for a centaur character and don't want to use the transfer feature:

1. Un-hide the Lookups sheet.
  2. Amend the range from AI7 to AR7, add 2 to all the numbers except AR7 (head) where you add 1.
  3. Optionally, hide the Lookups sheet.

Thanks! I amended the values and everything looks MUCH more correct.

On 9/23/2022 at 3:59 AM, PhilHibbs said:

In the near future I will be adding the Holiday Glorantha character creation details, and also the Duckpak amendments to durulz creation.

Also there is East Isles, which I have.

Are there any other character creation details from JC publications that I could add? If I don't own them then I'd either need a paste from the PDF or someone to transcribe the numbers into my sheet layout. If they divert from the standard system (fixed culture, occupation, cult numbers) then I might not be able to cover everything.

I will make the JC stuff optional with a button to click to enable them all.

hello, TheNemisis's GM here, thank you so much for all the work on this, it's been super helpful.

I also have a Duck character, so i'm extra excited to have the duck update.  thank you again, this is awesome!

Edited by alien_sunset
typos, always teh typos
  • Like 1

Hmmm this is going to be tricky. Homeland is easy, I've got that working already, I just added "Sartar Duck" as an additional homeland.

Occupations... there are a lot that are the same name, do I just add a whole set of alternative versions like "Duck Assistant Shaman", "Duck Bandit", "Duck Crafter"?

I think that is the only option. The user will then have to pick the appropriate race version of the occupation.

The hack that adds the Assistant Shaman's Spirit Combat Damage bonus is going to have to take into account Duck Assistant Shaman as well.

Should I go for abbreviated publication names, like "DP" for Duckpac, "HDWOT" for Woods of Terror, etc.? I think that makes sense. So it would be "DP Assistant Shaman", "DP Bandit", etc.

Lets hope I don't get an abbreviation name clash!

Lets see what we have so far...

DP = DuckPac
HDSH = Holiday Dorastor: Seven Hills
HDSW = Holiday Dorastor: Spider Woods
HDWOT = Holiday Dorastor: Woods of Terror
PEI = Pirates of the East Isles

• Like 1

Okay I think I've implemented the basic functionality.

v1.10.1 Alpha 1: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b63OhD7r1mcsHOsfE_ffV1lQ4lwxv73UWPCFsJ9BjjQ

Go to the Rules tab

Click on the bottom Law icon.

Wait for the macro to finish running.

"DP Sartar" should now show up as an additional Culture option.

If you choose the "Duck" race, and the "DP Sartar" culture, and click the buttons along the top, you should now have the base chances for a duck as per DuckPac including Speak (Beastspeech) and the reduced Speak (Heortling) skill.

I have not yet implemented occupations, but from now on it's just a question of mashing in all the numbers.

I have done the Speak Own (Heortling) 40% base by giving a -10 cultural value, rather than adding a new DP Duck race with a different base chance. I might change this decision in future, in which case you would need to pick "DP Duck" race and "DP Sartar" culture for the full DuckPac experience.

Also I'm not entirely fixed on a single Rule for all JC material. I might have separate rules buttons for DuckPac, Pirates, Holiday Dorastor, etc.