Free RPG Day 2018: Scritch Scratch

MOB

Next Saturday (June 16) is Free RPG Day! Chaosium's offering is the scenario SCRITCH SCRATCH, by our assistant Call of Cthulhu line editor Lynne Hardy. 

As Chaosium is a Free RPG Day silver sponsor, there will be at least five copies to give away in every participating store! Participating stores world-wide can be found on Free RPG Day's retailer locator.

Keepers from the Cult of Chaos will be running Scritch Scratch in FLGSs all over the world. We recently made the The PDF of the adventure and a promo poster ready to download from the Chaos Library here at BRP Central. 

259057649_ScreenShot2018-06-10at9_49_16pm.png.d4b9f65ce0219fe3aca90697bd4b0a19.png free-rpg-day.png.b7cd21d874b6fbd53f7f7be4aa25846b.png

Edited by MOB

Why aren't the characters a separate document that can be downloaded without joining the Cult?

Why is there so much black on the sheets? Printer ink is expensive and so are running copies publicly. We get it, dark colors equal suspense.

Just going to rip out the back half of the book and hope people can remember their backstories after reading them before the session. I know it is a free product, but some thought could have gone into layout.

• Confused 1

Antipodean Free RPG Day action in Melbourne, Australia today - at Mil Sims with Keeper Pete, and Kay-Jays with Keeper Andrew, both running SCRITCH SCRATCH for Call of Cthulhu.

Madness ensued at both locations, and copies went fast - so if there's a participating FLGS near you, get there as soon as you can!

35432972_997462107080451_765568961210220

35414769_997462440413751_769092410645938

Guardian Games in Portland, OR hands out tickets and you roll a D20 to see what item you get.  You get a ticket just for showing up to the store, and two more if you run any RPG adventure.  I happened to roll the '16' needed for a copy of Scritch Scratch on my first try.  There was a guy there that ran Scritch Scratch THREE times (two hour sessions) that day. 

I know the store bought three boxes of Free RPG Day stuff, and it was all long gone by the time 5PM or so rolled around.  Talking with the store manager toward the end of the day, he seemed pretty happy with all the games ran and the number of people that played (6-7 per table was common).  This seemed to include a larger number of kids than I saw the last two years (I had three 10-12 yr old kids and three adults for the Tales From the Loop game I ran and one 11 yr old for the Gamma World adventure).  I want to believe that bodes well for the future of table top RPGs.  :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

SCRITCH SCRATCH is now available in general release!

You can download a free copy of the PDF here: http://bit.ly/2tNtnvb

Or, if you'd like a print copy, it is available POD at Lulu:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/lynne-hardy/scritch-scratch/paperback/product-23635572.html

screen-shot-2018-07-02-at-4.17.17-pm.png?t=1530512261

BTW you can still get our Free RPG Day releases from previous years POD at Lulu:

• Lulu Stuff

The Derelict

RuneQuest Quickstart

Edited by MOB
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...