RQG skills that can only be trained

PhilHibbs

Just now, PhilHibbs said:

RQ3 had rules for ageing, which also started at 40.

Oh, okay. I though t the stat loss was somehow related to what the character was doing, not because he got old enough to roll on the aging table. 

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

On 6/12/2018 at 4:37 AM, PhilHibbs said:

Does anyone have any ideas on how to handle skills that can only be raised through training, if a character needs to get them up to 90% for priest or god talker status? Seems to me that one training roll per season is going to take a while, a few years at least, and that's if you go at it relentlessly to the exclusion of everything else. It is going to encourage people to stack as many points and bonuses as possible into these skills in character creation. And having an occupation with those skills isn't going to help, as you get experience rolls which you can't use. Maybe that needs a special case, that occupational knowledge skills can benefit from between-adventures experience checks.

Or am I wrong in thinking it will take that long? I haven't really checked thoroughly what level these skills are likely to start out at. Sorala, for example, has three lores at around 30-35% and one at 60%. Lhankor Mhy needs two lores at 90%. That's on average 36 training checks, so over 7 years of persistent training every season.

Seems rather canonical that even in an adventuring party, the 'scholar/sage' would be an older person.  Seems like the price-paid reasonably for that role.