Heal Wound and Heal - Multiple Locations at Once

Mechashef

Do Heal Wound (Rune Spell) and Heal (Spirit Spell) allow multiple Hit Locations to be targeted with one casting?

Heal Wound (P330) seems to imply it can as the last sentence states:

This spell cures the damage in the locations being touched as well as total hit points.

As it states "locations" not "location" it seems that an adventurer could heal a leg and an arm of a friend by touching both locations at the same time.  If this is allowable it then leads to at least two interesting tactics:

1. If the caster lies on the recipient they are presumably touching all their hit locations in one casting and can heal all damaged locations.  Touch spells don't require skin to skin contact so they can remain clothed. 
  2. Can the caster touch multiple friends at once?  I would guess not as the description for touch spells (P248) states that touch spells "only affect the person or thing which is physically touched by the caster of the spell" . The singular "person or thing" seems to preclude multiple people.

Heal (P262) is more debatable and I've always seen it played as just working on one location per casting .  It states:

The part of the body being healed must be touched. Each point of Heal repairs 1 hit point in a designated location.

It doesn't state that the caster of  Heal 3 can't specify the left leg as the designated location to be repaired for the first and second points and the right arm as the designated location for the third point. If the description stated "Each point of Heal repairs 1 hit point in the designated location" then I believe it would be clear that only one location can be healed per casting, but the use of "a" does seem to leave open the possibility of affecting multiple hit locations. 

Thanks

The "s" for locations instead of saying "location" is a good point. Frankly I think it's a typo (or just an unclear way to say it). Heal 3 can heal up to 3 HP in one location (but, of course, nothing prevents you from using only Heal 2 for a location and heal again another location - although you'll have to spend an extra round).

For the Heal wound rune spell it's the same thing: only one location is affected.

The wording can be confusing indeed.

3 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

The example on p314 indicates that multiple wounds can be healed with a single Heal Wound:

That example may not be as clear as it seems.  

I presume you are referring to this bit?

He applies the 6 points of healing  to his wounded flesh, choosing his worst injury first. 

Like many other passages it can be interpreted in different ways:

1. The 6 points are spread across multiple damaged hit locations and the player chooses to heal the most badly injured location first
  2. It could be a reference to multiple injuries to the same location, hence why it states "worst injury" instead of "most damaged location".  I wonder if this wording is an artifact of a draft where Heal Wound had to heal an entire wound or not at all?  

Well, it's no big deal anyway but nothing struck me in the new healing spell rules as "beware, this has changed" so I didn't change mine. It is true that under very close inspection there is room for interpretation (and there always will be) but Heal wound heals one wound, so does Heal and Heal body cures it all.