BRP Scenarios Monograph PDF available on Chaosium.com

Shaira

Hi all,

Without wanting to blow my own trumpet... :D ... I just noticed Dustin's put the Halloween Scenario Comp monograph on the Chaosium website here.

I don't know what the split is between BRP scenarios and CoC scenarios (or indeed how much that actually matters anymore... ;)), but mine's a BRP adventure, and at least 3 others look like either Dark Ages or straight BRP scenarios too (one appears to be scifi!).

Either way - it's nice to see a BRP supplement appearing. Hopefully dead tree copies will follow!

Cheers,

Sarah

"The Worm Within" - the first novel for The Chronicles of Future Earth, coming 2013 from Chaosium, Inc.

Website: http://sarahnewtonwriter.com | Twitter: @SarahJNewton | Facebook: TheChroniclesOfFutureEarth

Woo Hoo! Good news.

Hopefully dead tree copies will follow!

Ouch! I wish you would not have reminded me of this. When I buy PDFs of gaming supplements I never quite enjoy reading through them as much and certainly do not read them as well or often as the dead tree versions. They generally sit in some lost file in the nether reaches of my computer. So now the question is do I buy this immediately or do I wait for the dead tree version?:confused:

294/420

So now the question is do I buy this immediately or do I wait for the dead tree version?:confused:

You have more of a dilemma stateside than we do in Europe - basically unless you're buying TONS of stuff all at once ($120+), the shipping charges to Europe are prohibitive, generally costing the same as (or in certain cases more than) the actual product - so PDF is a godsend for things like the Chaosium stuff.

For big, chunky rulesbooks I'm likely to use a lot, or for works of beauty which I want to drool over, dead-tree is the way. But for supplements where I'm likely to read through, then use selected bits, I quite like PDF, then copy-pasting into my own easy-to-use folder.

I actually bought a Sony Reader a couple of months back, and whilst it's PDF functionality is fairly rudimentary, it's made my PDF collection *much* more usable (and I can carry a zillion volumes in my handbag... :happy:). Now we just need to convince people to make "reader-format" versions of their PDFs (roughly A5-sized in European money), and we're laughing. I bought Spirit of the Century recently in PDF - a third of the print price - and am more than happy reading it off a gadget, though I'll probably print out chunks if I ever run a game.

Cheers,

Sarah

"The Worm Within" - the first novel for The Chronicles of Future Earth, coming 2013 from Chaosium, Inc.

Website: http://sarahnewtonwriter.com | Twitter: @SarahJNewton | Facebook: TheChroniclesOfFutureEarth

Is this the BRP Scenario Monograph or the Cthulhu Halloween Monograph or a combination of the two? I seem to remember that there was two different competitions. :confused:

:beetle:

It's the "Halloween Scenario Competition" monograph - you could write either CoC or BRP. It's *not* the BRP scenario comp from last July - I don't know where that's got to at the moment, maybe it's one of the things Dustin's trying to get out for Christmas... ;)

Cheers,

Sarah