Transcript for GenCon 2014 "Mythology in Roleplaying" Transcript?

creativehum

Falling down a rabbit hole of all things Greg Stafford this past week, I came across this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hKrVRTOYpY&t=2049s

Does anyone know if a transcript exists anywhere? (Not that there should be... but I'm curious.)

In particular, I was taken by Greg and Jeff's point that mythology basically dies when written down and codified, and that true mythology lives in loose, contradictory tales of the same characters, stories, and situations. (Suggesting that: Your Glorantha May Vary < Your Glorantha Will Vary < Your Glorantha Should Vary.)

[Edited to Add: It wasn't like Greg hasn't been begging people to understand this various ways for years]

Edited by creativehum
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"But Pendragon isn’t intended to be historical, just fun.
So have fun."

-- Greg Stafford

Yes. A lot of work! Again, I wasn't expecting such a thing to be lying around.

There are a few quotes I want to pull for a blog post about the need for making your Glorantha YOUR GLORANTHA. But I'll dig them out with a little bit of work.

"But Pendragon isn’t intended to be historical, just fun.
So have fun."

-- Greg Stafford

Perhaps you can use a professional service. The following one appears to offer a transcript of the video above for about 42 euro.

https://gotranscript.com/

There are several others too, search for 'video transcript service'. (I presume you will have to fix up idiosyncratic names on your own.)

Edited by The God Learner