Khopesh stats

Sumath

5 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

There's no specific rule but I'd give +/-20 to attacks but no modifier to parry.

+20%, what's the height advantage in RQG? I don't think handedness would be worth more than that.

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

16 hours ago, Atgxtg said:

+20%, what's the height advantage in RQG? I don't think handedness would be worth more than that.

On a spiral staircase? I think it's a pretty big advantage. Ah, I see I quoted the wrong line of the post.

Edited by PhilHibbs

22 minutes ago, PhilHibbs said:

On a spiral staircase? I think it's a pretty big advantage. Ah, I see I quoted the wrong line of the post.

Yeah, I mean't in and of itself. It looks like there are three sets of modifiers at work here:

The height advantage, the left handed vs. right handed advantage, and the handedness vs. the direction of the staircase advantage. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Brootse said:

In my Glorantha the first sword was shaped like the Death rune, ie. it had crossguards. But it's mostly just Humaktis who have crossguards on their swords.

The crossguard does provide good hand protection. Probably any culture that developed a cutting sword would see the value of crossguards or develop more advanced hand protection. Especially one where the civilians carry swords.

On 1/17/2019 at 8:51 PM, Atgxtg said:

The crossguard does provide good hand protection. Probably any culture that developed a cutting sword would see the value of crossguards or develop more advanced hand protection. Especially one where the civilians carry swords.

Ur32ZZn.jpg

Ancient Greek swords had crossguards, just not those long ones used by Medieval and later Europeans. Asians also didn't ever use those long ones. And blade binding can be done with curved swords, and khopesh-like blades too.