Power Rune augments

PhilHibbs

Anything.

That is not supposed to be a trite answer, but a cunning Player should be able to narrate a way for a Power Rune to augment anything.

The Runes chapter says "A Power or Form Rune may be used by an adventurer to augment any skill used in accordance with that Rune". 

So, Truth/Knowledge could be used to augment a Lore, Death could augment a combat skill, Fertility could augment First Aid, Movement could increase your Movement rate and so on.

My games are very flexible with this kind of thing, probably more flexible than most, so if a Player can justify it, I probably allow it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

32 minutes ago, PhilHibbs said:

What can Power Runes be used to augment?

Movement and Truth are the ones my players have used the most. Movement applied to lots of things from actions like Climbing or running or Riding, to better coordination in combat. Truth particularly to help with Lore rolls, but also actions like Evaluate or better Insight into other's motives. Fertility or Harmony to help with healing.  Harmony to help with certain Communication skills. Illusion has value with actions such as Act, Disguise, Sleight, or Stealth skills. Disorder might be used in combat, or possibly in Communication skills such as Fast Talk or Intimidate.  Stasis has applicability to artistic or craft endeavors, or to hold ground in combat. Death, well combat is obvious, but could be with skills such as Prepare Corpse or dealing with Spirits.

• Like 2