Which Sorcery spells can be cast on the Protective Circle?

Brootse

2 hours ago, Brootse said:

But which all Sorcery spells are eligible? One of my players would be interested in knowing if Boon of Kargan Tor could be cast on it.

I'd say not, because PC only affects people, not weapons, and only applies protective spells to the people inside anyway. So not even unarmed combat. Maybe it would apply to successful parry damage vs a less successful attack. Personally I'm a bit surprised that attack spells can be cast on it, that's new and I suspect it hasn't been thought out properly.

3 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

I'd say not, because PC only affects people, not weapons, and only applies protective spells to the people inside anyway. So not even unarmed combat. Maybe it would apply to successful parry damage vs a less successful attack. Personally I'm a bit surprised that attack spells can be cast on it, that's new and I suspect it hasn't been thought out properly.

The attack spells cast on it sort of duplicate (and then expand) the Disrupt function of Warding (the divine magic equivalent) or its Issaries derivate Market, so they don't surprise me much. At least they aren't backed by infinite MP (causing automatic damage) but by the MP spent to boost the circle.

I see great potential for phantom spells placed on protective circles... you could replicate many a D&D favourite "rune" spell with those, or other not really protective spells. (Provided the phantoms do count as an attack of sorts...) Almost (?) enough to make a trickster study sorcery.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

6 hours ago, Joerg said:

I see great potential for phantom spells placed on protective circles... you could replicate many a D&D favourite "rune" spell with those, or other not really protective spells. (Provided the phantoms do count as an attack of sorts...) Almost (?) enough to make a trickster study sorcery.

Yeah, 'cos no-one's ever seen a mad sorcerer...