Crossing the Streams - A Conversion of 13th Age Glorantha and 13th Age Classes to D100 Gaming

soltakss

Many years ago, fans of Glorantha had an attitude that D20 games wouldn’t fit in Glorantha, as Classes and Levels don’t work. Then came 13th Age Glorantha to disprove that notion. Also, many people in the D100 space looked down on D20 games as Classes and Levels don’t work with D100. Then came Classic Fantasy to disprove that notion.

I once mentioned the idea of converting 13th Age Glorantha so that it would work with D100, but the idea was unpopular, as it was considered Crossing the Streams, which is, as we know, like, really bad.

As I like things that are really bad, and had horrendous Writer's Block on Merrie England: Age of Crusade, I looked at how easy it would be to convert 13th Age Glorantha. Not very easy, as it turned out.

Anyway, I have Uploaded V1.0 of the Conversion. Why Version 1.0? Well, it could well have typos and errors, it is missing Bookmarks, as I can't get them to work in Google Docs, and it may well need other material added.

If you see any glaring mistakes, find Product Identity that needs to be removed, or have any other comments and suggestions, please post them here.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

What do I need to add to this? My thoughts were:

• Racial Abilities
  • New, generic Icons, so they work as powers and not links to powerful NPCs
  • Monsters in the Bestiary, rather than just Summoned Creatures

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

Apologies about the formatting. Google Docs chewed through the formatting and doesn't download very well. I can't get Bookmarks to be added either.

3 hours ago, soltakss said:

I hope people find this useful, if only for a whole host of Kewl Powers for D100 games.

Hey, I am ALL about that!!!

(You had a typo, btw:  correct&official spelling is "Kewl Powerz"

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

Wow I downloaded it and it looks pretty good, if not blaphemous, heh heh

Actually those 'kewl powerz' are pretty good

Simon that better have cleared up your writers block , so that you can get back into some gritty Merrie England stuff for us !!! 😎

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 1

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

On 8/5/2019 at 10:30 AM, Mankcam said:

Simon that better have cleared up your writers block , so that you can get back into some gritty Merrie England stuff for us !!! 😎

Working on the Turkic Village and Siege Camp at the moment, with a number of Plot Hooks, so block pretty much cleared until the next shiny thing comes along.

• Like 2