Seseine and Uleria

Manu

2 hours ago, davecake said:

(But yes, Afidisa is a beauty and very desirable)

I love the story Beautiful Afidisa. She's like the White Lady, except brutal.

One day, Afidisa received Jmijie, who was almost breathing hard from running. Pamalt had sent him. Jmijie told her of the plight of the Agimori. When the waters rose, they simply picked up and went to dryer spots. But now they were nearly all wet as the waters kept rising and the rains kept falling.

Pamalt asked her to please send some of her blue boats to save the Agimori peoples and animals who were in danger of drowning. 

She did not. 

mic drop

2 hours ago, davecake said:

I don’t think they ever conquered Laskal.

<<Garangordos and his companions then conquered and enslaved all the Veldang, with the aid of his god-weapon Darleester the Noose, and imposed the worship of Ompalam. He exterminated the Aldryami in Fonrit and Laskal.>> It can mean that they returned to Laskal and conquest it. But that's my interpretation. Reinforcing this we know that Laskalian cities as Balanzan or Vorganstor has temples dedicated to the Glorious Ones. <<The northern coast of Laskal is called Banamba, and its culture is Fonritian.>>  Anyway its  center of power has always been Fonrit, so I think you are right. It's more correct to say Fonrit.

On 8/24/2019 at 1:01 AM, Joerg said:

In a biological sense, an argument could be made that all "male" broo really are females, and that their member really is an ovipositor that injects an organism that will take on random bits of its host organism for its appearance and powers.

@Joerg I liked your idea. I wanted to let you know, though, that I was just reading the new HQG Bestiary and it states that a tiny percentage of broo are born female. It also said Thed does not permit female worshippers, so most end up Mallia-worshippers automatically.

I guess if you were being hand-raised by the Chaos goddess Seseine, such a broo might worship someone else. (There's no way a Mallia-worshipper would end up next to the Red Emperor, but a different Chaos cultist might be able to mask their worship.)

9 hours ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

@Joerg I liked your idea. I wanted to let you know, though, that I was just reading the new HQG Bestiary and it states that a tiny percentage of broo are born female. It also said Thed does not permit female worshippers, so most end up Mallia-worshippers automatically.

That's why I inserted the "male" statement.

An article on broo biology was among the first Gloranthan articles I handled as editor of the German Free INT fanzine in 1992. It talked about the injection of a broo larva rather than insemination.

A different reading would be that Thed is a goddess of fertility, and that the non-fertile broos just don't fit her requirement. Broos without the ovipositor just cannot reproduce in the active way that she wrestled from her rape experience. Thed isn't the goddess of victims.

There is no evidence of female broos displaying any udders. There is one (awful) illustration of a female with horns (and high heels) in the Games Workshop edition of RQ3, a homage to GW's very own Chaos settings which received a D100-game named Warhammer Fantasy a short while later (around the time they stopped licensing RQ3).

Anyway, a SF version of broos able to impregnate hosts of any kind would have to use this kind of biology rather than normal sexual propagation. I don't quite recall how the Magog of Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda discriminated for hosts for their children, but it is well known that the writers for Gene Roddenberry include some quite knowledgeable Glorantha fans, so I am fairly certain that this concept was more than just inspired by the broos of Glorantha.

Female broos would still exhibit broo features. Not necessarily all of them, but there are so many - goat legs and hooves, fur, goat heads, horns... There have been broos with a great deal of human features mixed into this. Could there be isolated cases that might have passed as humans? Possibly. As voluptuous females, though?

Thus I brought up the idea of Ragnaglar Ralzie serving as the mother of Send Valu rather than the impregnator of Seseine.

Edited by Joerg
  • Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

15 minutes ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

I'm assuming that was a typo or all of Glorantha is efffffffed

Effeminated? In case of Ralzie, oh yes... and in the four-letter-word sense, too.

I point you to the story of Janelosp, the niiad ancestress of the Gnydron who sex-changed her would-be rapist (and herself) and fathered the only water-breathing race of the mortal Triolini upon that Vadrudi. We haven't heard of her (the Vadrudi) since. (And I don't think that Brastalos is the answer.)

Seseine has water connections, after all.

So yes, Ralzakark possibly mothered Send Valu.

4 minutes ago, Joerg said:

Effeminated? In case of Ralzie, oh yes... and in the four-letter-word sense, too.

I point you to the story of Janelosp, the niiad ancestress of the Gnydron who sex-changed her would-be rapist (and herself) and fathered the only water-breathing race of the mortal Triolini upon that Vadrudi. We haven't heard of her (the Vadrudi) since. (And I don't think that Brastalos is the answer.)

Seseine has water connections, after all.

So yes, Ralzakark possibly mothered Send Valu.

no i meant you wrote Ragnaglar, not Ralzakark

but good for Janelosp

5 minutes ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

no i meant you wrote Ragnaglar, not Ralzakark

The identity of Ralzakark is shrouded in mystery. I find it quite likely that he is in some respect an aspect of Ragnaglar. The illuminated one...

And who knows in which role Ralzie quested when he confronted Seseine? The only accessible Vadruding would have been Ragnaglar.