Goodbye Christopher. and good night!

Oh my god, the young child JRR Tolkien read to; Christopher, died today (?) according to the CBC Oh man, that one hit me.

Tolkien used the stories that put young Chris to bed as the basis for The Hobbit.

Man, tears and all. Hmm, well... it is hard to TYPE and see the keyboard that way... so i will stop for now.

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

• 3 weeks later...

The man had a huge impact on managing the Tolkien estate, editing unfinished material to as complete as possible forms, such as the Silmarillion, Children of Hurin, and more scholarly texts, and moreover keeping guard over the licenses to avoid some of the more crass offers. Absolutely indebted. 

Rest in peace, Christopher Tolkien.

• Like 1

Just watched Tolkien, great movie but I discovered as an old man I have become quite the crybaby. Yes, broke down again. No spoilers but I will say give it a watch. A delight for geeks!

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit, Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole...

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 2

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

13 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Just watched Tolkien, great movie but I discovered as an old man I have become quite the crybaby. Yes, broke down again. No spoilers but I will say give it a watch. A delight for geeks!

I just recently saw that delightful movie! I second the motion, go watch!

• Like 2

-Voice of the Legion

On 1/18/2020 at 5:30 AM, Bill the barbarian said:

Oh my god, the young child JRR Tolkien read to; Christopher, died today (?) according to the CBC Oh man, that one hit me.

Tolkien used the stories that put young Chris to bed as the basis for The Hobbit.

Man, tears and all. Hmm, well... it is hard to TYPE and see the keyboard that way... so i will stop for now.

This is what we posted on Chaosium social media at the time:

2009270466_ScreenShot2020-01-17at10_29_11pm.png.ef354c11650d9496abb0f0d2cb54e270.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1