Kero Fin's Masculinity

Bohemond

On 2/21/2020 at 11:00 AM, Qizilbashwoman said:

argument, which I've made kind of ad nauseum: she's got Umath's name, she's called "Umath's shadow", she is called by Umath's (male) name, she wields an Addi: a staff or club akin to a vajra that elsewhere is only held by male phallic deities, including the sex and alcohol deity whose name I forget, by Turos, by Lodril.

Hey Addi, who is the Entekos figure of the Esrolian earth complex? OOO takes the spear and then where does it go after Belintar? Is there a Wife-Protector?

I suspect Hon-Eel had most of the pieces of that particular puzzle but the Tarsh rebels will forcibly disprove her hypothesis.

• Like 1

singer sing me a given

On 2/22/2020 at 10:37 PM, scott-martin said:

Hey Addi, who is the Entekos figure of the Esrolian earth complex?

That's a big question we've been trying to answer for a while. If she's an Air Goddess she might not be present there at all, with the Heortling Serenha being the right identification (which I think both me and Qwizil lean towards), but other identifications are possible.

Edited by Sir_Godspeed
EDIT: She might NOT be present in the Esrolian Earth goddess complex. Sorry, mistyped.
  • Thanks 1

On 2/22/2020 at 12:42 PM, Qizilbashwoman said:

well Stafford had very strong feelings about gender from the very start so it's a feature, not a bug

Is there any more detail/documentation about his strong feelings? Androgeous was there from the very start, certainly, and gender was treated as both more relevant and less determinstic in RuneQuest than other systems of the era. 

4 hours ago, benwaggoner said:

Is there any more detail/documentation about his strong feelings? Androgeous was there from the very start, certainly, and gender was treated as both more relevant and less determinstic in RuneQuest than other systems of the era. 

That's pretty durn "strong," right there!

Also note that Greg's own personal path of spirituality was Shamanic, which has a long and deep association with non-cis genders & gender-identities ...

C'es ne pas un .sig