Registration now live for Chaosium Con Down Under (May 2-3, Sydney Australia)

MOB

Registration is now live for Chaosium Con Down Under - May 2-3 in Sydney, Australia.

With guests of honour John Wick, Sean Branney and Andrew Leman from the HP Lovecraft Historical Society, Mark Morrison, and Penelope Love.

Our convention is limited to just 150 spaces, so book now to avoid missing out!
https://chaosconventions.com/chaosium-con-down-under

1876737036_PromotionalSlidechaosium-con-down-under.thumb.png.bb16085630a5f6705e9726ab81ab0dc2.png

Edited by MOB
  • Like 1

• MOB pinned and featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

1084158856_ChaosiumConDownUnderLogowhite.png.934b6f3adccd7d06c5190775f32c3f46.png

With regret and sadness we have made the decision to cancel Chaosium Con Down Under for 2020. The uncertainties of the Covid-19 corona virus with respect to staging public events and its impact on travel, and concern for the health and safety of everyone involved (and their friends, family, and loved ones), has prompted us to take this course of action now.

We're deeply disappointed we can't go ahead after spending the past year making plans for the convention and sharing our excitement and enthusiasm for it with Chaosium fans all over Australia and beyond.

We thank everyone who has already enrolled for your support: all tickets that have been purchased will be promptly refunded.

But What has Sunk will Rise... we plan for Chaosium Con Down Under to return in 2021!

If you have any questions or concerns, please email us.

We wish everyone all the best until the Stars are Right again
— the team at Chaosium Con Down Under.

• Sad 1

• MOB unfeatured and unpinned this topic

While personally disappointed, I appreciate that decisions like this are made with a great deal of careful thought, and I appreciate Chaosium having concern for its attendees, and for public health. 

My wife, who works in emergency medicine and is spending a lot of her time on Covid-19 planning, I'm sure will thank you for your decision and applaud your caution. 

Lets make 2021 even greater with a year to plan! 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 8:46 AM, GAZZA said:

I've never been to any conventions before, perhaps I'll make Chaosium Down Under 2021 the first.

You should go to some, if you can. They are great fun.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

• 1 year later...

*** UPDATE 12 OCT 2021 ***

Large public events are still not possible in Australia due to restrictions on gatherings and travel, and regretfully we have had to shelve the idea of an Australian Chaosium Con indefinitely.

• Thanks 1

Same situation is happening in New Zealand, and will probably continue in one level or another till Christmas (when we are hoping to have 90%+ of vaccinations done).

It is a shame, but hopefully it can be built up as an idea in the future. I’d actually pay to travel to Australia if the con is good enough.

I had to cancel all Chess tournaments too. 😞