Review of Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes

Runeblogger

22 minutes ago, Runeblogger said:

Semi-oldie but goldie: here's my review of Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes. Do you agree with it?

It's a good summary. I began my HQG campaign almost 6 years ago (although I started with a repurposed RQ3 scenario from Sun County and then moved on to the Rescue of Orane from the HQG book).  We're finally at the Feast of Beasts!

Between SKoH and Sartar Companion, you really have enough to run a good Sartar campaign using either HQG or RQG (aside from RQ stats).

I bought the book in the 1st printing so has the original cover - not my favorite piece of art as I don't feel that perspective was handled well.  Like the Jon Hodgson covers much better.

I really liked the clan creation section - thought that was an innovative way to help players think about the clan as a whole.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jajagappa said:

It's a good summary. I began my HQG campaign almost 6 years ago (although I started with a repurposed RQ3 scenario from Sun County and then moved on to the Rescue of Orane from the HQG book).  We're finally at the Feast of Beasts!

Between SKoH and Sartar Companion, you really have enough to run a good Sartar campaign using either HQG or RQG (aside from RQ stats).

I bought the book in the 1st printing so has the original cover - not my favorite piece of art as I don't feel that perspective was handled well.  Like the Jon Hodgson covers much better.

I really liked the clan creation section - thought that was an innovative way to help players think about the clan as a whole.  

Wow you really fleshed out the beginning of the Colymar campaign then! 😄

I like a tad better the 1st printing cover, even with the perspective issues.

My GM ran the Colymar campaign for us with HQ using the Sartar Companion, and running prologues with the initiation of our characters. He also included a couple short scenarios due to the actions of the players. We had a blast. Lots of memorable memories from that. Now he's planning to run The Red Cow campaign for us, but I find it's a shame he's decided we will need to create new characters for it (First World problems, I know). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/