Agents of the Crown

cjbowser

Looks interesting.

I especially love how it conjures up an image of little old Victorian ladies embroidering "Chaos and Disorder" on handkerchiefs and napkins! :)

Can’t trust those innocent looking little old ladies! It is good to see evil that has goals other than to just kill prople and rule the world :)

Seriously though, it looks like a good product that could be used in a few different BRP genres.

I bought the pdf version two days ago and had a quick read-through. Basically, I find it very good. What I especially like:

- the fact that the book is aimed at epic, world-spanning campaigns, with descriptions of many locales and associated story seeds.

- how the super-powered aether-men are integrated into the social fabric of Victorian life.

- stats for all major icons of Victorian literature, including H.G. Wells' Martians.

As the author himself says, the book is a bit thin on details about London or the Victorian world in general (although the basics are given), but I guess enough literature is available (personally, I quite like London source book for Imperial Age).

I haven't read through the adventure, so I can't comment on it. In general I give the book an A+.

As the author himself says, the book is a bit thin on details about London or the Victorian world in general (although the basics are given), but I guess enough literature is available (personally, I quite like London source book for Imperial Age).

Look no farther than CTHULHU BY GASLIGHT for some decent background on Victorian London. :) It has some excellent pics of period costumes and a map of London (which I still have from my boxed set!).

Look no farther than CTHULHU BY GASLIGHT for some decent background on Victorian London. :) It has some excellent pics of period costumes and a map of London (which I still have from my boxed set!).

The Smoke is another good option. One thing I prefer about this book is the map is hyperlinked to the text. Click on a section of the map and it takes you to the relevant text.

Only problem with this product is that the PDF is unprintable due to the page backgrounds :(

Getting PDFs and printing them yourself is a very cost effective option for those of us outside the US, which is why I prefer to get PDFs, but this one is currently unusable, which is a real shame.

Will be firing off a missive to Chaosium to see if they can't reissue without the backgrounds or at least put a warning on the product page so anyone purchasing it is aware.

- Neil.