Jump to content
rleduc

M-Space Companion question

Recommended Posts

So I'm starting an M-Space game next week (on-line of course) and I was wondering if we have any idea about what will be in the up coming M-Space Companion? I know robots and cybernetics are in there--do we know anything else? Thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the test print today and it looks quite nice. The release is getting close. 

There is a modular system for robots and cybernetics, tech-magic implants and a lifepath system for character creation. Also, new rules for computers and hacking allows PCs to hack almost any tech. Plus a scenario and a secret freebie. And an updated character sheet. 

Oh, and another secret freebie.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will the companion again be available as POD via Lulu? I was quite happy with the quality and price tag of the M-Space book.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, clarence said:

I got the test print today and it looks quite nice. The release is getting close. 

There is a modular system for robots and cybernetics, tech-magic implants and a lifepath system for character creation. Also, new rules for computers and hacking allows PCs to hack almost any tech. Plus a scenario and a secret freebie. And an updated character sheet. 

Oh, and another secret freebie.  

That's all well and good, but... how will we know which secret freebie is which???

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, foolcat said:

Will the companion again be available as POD via Lulu? I was quite happy with the quality and price tag of the M-Space book.

While I do like Lulu, their full-colour prints have been a bit too expensive lately. As the Companion is in colour, DriveThruRPG is currently hard to beat. (Well, Publit’s colour print of M-SPACE is even better - as you only pay for colour on pages with colour - but their international shipping rates are prohibitive). It seems Lulu is working on a big update for their services, so this might change in the future. 
 

6 hours ago, g33k said:

That's all well and good, but... how will we know which secret freebie is which???

We have done some extensive double-blind testing and very few respondents mixed up the freebies, despite having them delivered in random order. If you run into trouble, however, we will offer a full money back guarantee on both.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, clarence said:

While I do like Lulu, their full-colour prints have been a bit too expensive lately. As the Companion is in colour, DriveThruRPG is currently hard to beat. (Well, Publit’s colour print of M-SPACE is even better - as you only pay for colour on pages with colour - but their international shipping rates are prohibitive). It seems Lulu is working on a big update for their services, so this might change in the future. 

I wouldn’t mind b/w printing, at all. What I do mind are shipping costs in relation to product price; but IIRC, both Lulu and DTRPG fulfill POD orders from Poland (for EU orders, that is).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, clarence said:

... If you run into trouble, however, we will offer a full money back guarantee on both.

Can't say fairer than that !!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, foolcat said:

I wouldn’t mind b/w printing, at all. What I do mind are shipping costs in relation to product price; but IIRC, both Lulu and DTRPG fulfill POD orders from Poland (for EU orders, that is).

Here in Sweden, I usually get Lulu prints from Holland for some reason. With DTRPG, it seems they print everything in the UK and use UPS for shipping. I hope that combination works for you foolcat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, clarence said:

Here in Sweden, I usually get Lulu prints from Holland for some reason. With DTRPG, it seems they print everything in the UK and use UPS for shipping. I hope that combination works for you foolcat.

Ah, whatever. It won’t be shipped via USPS, so my copy of the M-Space companion is sold anyway. 😄 Looking forward to it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...