M-Space Companion question

rleduc

So I'm starting an M-Space game next week (on-line of course) and I was wondering if we have any idea about what will be in the up coming M-Space Companion? I know robots and cybernetics are in there--do we know anything else? Thanks.

• Like 1

I got the test print today and it looks quite nice. The release is getting close. 

There is a modular system for robots and cybernetics, tech-magic implants and a lifepath system for character creation. Also, new rules for computers and hacking allows PCs to hack almost any tech. Plus a scenario and a secret freebie. And an updated character sheet. 

Oh, and another secret freebie.  

• Like 4

1683589267_frostbyteloggaFsvarttiny2.jpg.22ebd7480630737e74be9c2c9ed8039f.jpg   FrostByte Books

M–SPACE   d100 Roleplaying in the Far Future

Odd Soot  Science Fiction Mystery in the 1920s

8 hours ago, clarence said:

I got the test print today and it looks quite nice. The release is getting close. 

There is a modular system for robots and cybernetics, tech-magic implants and a lifepath system for character creation. Also, new rules for computers and hacking allows PCs to hack almost any tech. Plus a scenario and a secret freebie. And an updated character sheet. 

Oh, and another secret freebie.  

That's all well and good, but... how will we know which secret freebie is which???

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

12 hours ago, foolcat said:

Will the companion again be available as POD via Lulu? I was quite happy with the quality and price tag of the M-Space book.

While I do like Lulu, their full-colour prints have been a bit too expensive lately. As the Companion is in colour, DriveThruRPG is currently hard to beat. (Well, Publit’s colour print of M-SPACE is even better - as you only pay for colour on pages with colour - but their international shipping rates are prohibitive). It seems Lulu is working on a big update for their services, so this might change in the future. 

6 hours ago, g33k said:

That's all well and good, but... how will we know which secret freebie is which???

We have done some extensive double-blind testing and very few respondents mixed up the freebies, despite having them delivered in random order. If you run into trouble, however, we will offer a full money back guarantee on both.

• Haha 1

1683589267_frostbyteloggaFsvarttiny2.jpg.22ebd7480630737e74be9c2c9ed8039f.jpg   FrostByte Books

8 hours ago, clarence said:

While I do like Lulu, their full-colour prints have been a bit too expensive lately. As the Companion is in colour, DriveThruRPG is currently hard to beat. (Well, Publit’s colour print of M-SPACE is even better - as you only pay for colour on pages with colour - but their international shipping rates are prohibitive). It seems Lulu is working on a big update for their services, so this might change in the future. 

I wouldn’t mind b/w printing, at all. What I do mind are shipping costs in relation to product price; but IIRC, both Lulu and DTRPG fulfill POD orders from Poland (for EU orders, that is).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foolcat said:

I wouldn’t mind b/w printing, at all. What I do mind are shipping costs in relation to product price; but IIRC, both Lulu and DTRPG fulfill POD orders from Poland (for EU orders, that is).

Here in Sweden, I usually get Lulu prints from Holland for some reason. With DTRPG, it seems they print everything in the UK and use UPS for shipping. I hope that combination works for you foolcat.

1 hour ago, clarence said:

Here in Sweden, I usually get Lulu prints from Holland for some reason. With DTRPG, it seems they print everything in the UK and use UPS for shipping. I hope that combination works for you foolcat.

Ah, whatever. It won’t be shipped via USPS, so my copy of the M-Space companion is sold anyway. 😄 Looking forward to it!

• Like 1