The Rubble's Gatehouses

Erick Eckberg

Quick stupid question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere:   The Rubble's walls are 25m tall.   The attendant gatehouses were built by the dwarves, after the giants had pounded the immense wall slabs into the ground.  Are the gatehouses as tall as the walls?  That would make for some REALLY tall towers!  On the other hand, I can't picture these dinky little (say 40' or 50' - 15m) towers adjoined to these massively taller walls.  It would look silly.  I'm running through some action that takes place in the good old Griffin Gate neighborhood, and it never really was something I thought about, in my younger days, but the older I get, the more I appreciate these little details.  Any insight would be great.  Maybe I just missed the info in Pavis & the Big Rubble/River of Cradles/ Pavis:GtA? 

Have you seen Matthew Cole's 3D New Pavis work over on Glorantha Fans. He's done a lot of work on the proportions (mainly new pavis). He's also got a twitch channel where you can watch him at work - CmdrNEXUS.

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

I'm not sure if this is helpful given there's probably more up to date pictures but these are from my original version of The Big Rubble and they are pictures taken on my phone

I had reduced them so as not to take up too much space but happy to send the full size ones if anyone is interested

Picture 1 is of New Pavis and the Rubble in the Background showing the Gates of New Pavis

Picture 2 shows an existing Gatehouse in the wall of the Rubble at New Pavis

Picture 3 shows the Griffin gate in the background with a building that is definitely bigger than the walls

Picture 4 shows the ruins possibly around Griffin Gate. The text seems to suggest that but I am not sure what the building is in the background with the dome. It may just be an example of type D ruins 

New Pavis & Big Rubble.jpg

Gate at New Pavis .jpg

Griffin Gate area.jpg

Ruins around Griffin Gate.jpg

Edited by Nozbat
Clarify pictures posted