BRP related podcast???

Azehn

Hi All,

I've searched and searched for a regular podcast covering BRP type games and the only thing I've found is Yog Sothoth - which is good - but Cthulu only.....

Would love to find a podcast that covers classic d100 games like Runequest, Stormbringer, Ringworld etc....

Anyone here interested in doing one?

I'd be up for helping out with editing, webhosting it etc - but you would need to record the material.

Cheers

A

A breakdown of a typical 3.5 hour RQ session in our gaming group:

• People arriving and having something to eat - 30 minutes
  • Discussing how our real lives are going, jobs etc - 30 minutes
  • Discussing anything good on TV - 15 minutes
  • Relating humorous anecdotes - 15 minutes
  • Reminiscing about old RQ sessions - 15 minutes
  • Making tea/coffee/orange juice - 15 minutes
  • Gaming - 1 hour 30 minutes

Would that make a good podcast?

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

I think the thing with the Yog-Radio broadcasts is that they are always playing in some famously 'classic' campaign, like Masks of Nyarlathotep or Horror on the Orient Express.

People tune in to get the beef on why these campaigns are celebrated, as well as being able to see a functional gaming group, that has a nice blend of male/female ratio and educated light banter.

Whether you could get the same with a BRP broadcast, and a market for it currently is questionable.

I think the thing with the Yog-Radio broadcasts is that they are always playing in some famously 'classic' campaign, like Masks of Nyarlathotep or Horror on the Orient Express.

People tune in to get the beef on why these campaigns are celebrated, as well as being able to see a functional gaming group, that has a nice blend of male/female ratio and educated light banter.

Hmm - I think you are confusing the Bradford Players (and other) game audio recordings Paul & Co have done with the regular Yog-Radio pod-casts: Yog-Radio is precisely the sort of discussion pod-cast Azhen describes, but focused on Call of Cthulhu and things Lovecraftian.

And there's a bit of a running gag about the fact that Paul was always planning to produce a tight, focused, 45 minute show and it often manages to sprawl out to (well over) and hour or more...

Whether you could get the same with a BRP broadcast, and a market for it currently is questionable.

"Market" in this instance is a rather dubious term. As I understand it Yog-Radio (indeed everything YS.C does) is funded by voluntary contributions from fans and site patrons - it's not done as a commercial exercise.

The real question is whether there's a team with the right combination of technical skills & resources to produce a Pod-cast about BRP that BRP fans will enjoy listening to: listening to Yog-radio I'm always struck by how well the regular presenters cope with the discipline of microphone discipline etc.. Not to mention that fact that their banter seems both naturally engaging and spontaneous.

I'm sure the Yog-Radio guys would be happy to offer advice, and they've recorded non-CoC games before now, so chatting with them would be a good starting point for anyone thinking of taking on the idae of a BRP pod-cast IMO.

Cheers,

Nick