Spirit Spell - Spell Matrix Enchantment

Godlearner

Anyone who can use the item gains the ability to use the spell whenever they are in physical contact with the item, though they lose the potentiality of the spell as soon as they lose that contact. The caster cannot make a matrix for a spell they do not have access to.

Does this mean that one can make a Spell Matrix for a spell he currently has in a matrix?

2 hours ago, Godlearner said:

Does this mean that one can make a Spell Matrix for a spell he currently has in a matrix?

Like a lot of things this is a GM call. Depending on what the adventurer was trying to achieve, whether it contributed to the story, MGF, etc. Can you give an example of how this came up in your game. It's always good to look at the practical issues in play. For example, if my group were trying to make a copy of a magical item, they might very well be trying to do this.

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

4 minutes ago, David Scott said:

Like a lot of things this is a GM call. Depending on what the adventurer was trying to achieve, whether it contributed to the story, MGF, etc. Can you give an example of how this came up in your game. It's always good to look at the practical issues in play. For example, if my group were trying to make a copy of a magical item, they might very well be trying to do this.

As this has just came out in the Red Book of Magic, it has not occurred in game, but the possibility is there. For example on resent adventure the group had defeated a barrow wight and some skeletons and among the loot they came across a Bludgeon 1 matrix in an old bracelet. If one of the party had Spell Matrix Enchantment spell, is he now able to create Bludgeon 1 matricies? 

2 minutes ago, Godlearner said:

As this has just came out in the Red Book of Magic, it has not occurred in game, but the possibility is there. For example on resent adventure the group had defeated a barrow wight and some skeletons and among the loot they came across a Bludgeon 1 matrix in an old bracelet. If one of the party had Spell Matrix Enchantment spell, is he now able to create Bludgeon 1 matricies? 

Maybe, if the GM feels that the preparation is right. I wouldn't allow a mechanistic die rolling off stage event, but would certainly allow for thoughtful preparation, correct materials, and ritual preparation as part of an adventure. Why are they creating it? Who is it for? What do they do to prepare the object for the matrix? If they just want two, just to sell, then unless they were a merchant, i'd say it was unlikely to work.

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

Maybe, if the GM feels that the preparation is right. I wouldn't allow a mechanistic die rolling off stage event, but would certainly allow for thoughtful preparation, correct materials, and ritual preparation as part of an adventure. Why are they creating it? Who is it for? What do they do to prepare the object for the matrix? If they just want two, just to sell, then unless they were a merchant, i'd say it was unlikely to work

And you have a full right to do this. YGWV and all that, but I prefer a more rule based answer as to it can or can not be done.

8 minutes ago, David Scott said:

If they just want two, just to sell, then unless they were a merchant, i'd say it was unlikely to work.

Personaly I would just advert them than it is not sure they will find a buyer

200L is 10 cows... How many people will pay for +5%/+1 with a mace ? and ... how many will try to take it for free.

Then there is another point to keep in mind :

you can sell an object to a buyer if you find a buyer for the price

but, if you want to sell it to a merchant, the price will be at least half, for me -70% if it is not an exotic or very usefull item.