Non-Gloranthan Media That Reminds You Of Glorantha

ZedAlpha

Speaking of Britain, has anyone here seen The Green Knight? I haven't seen it yet, but trailers really gave off this magical realism vibe and some of the imagery certain seemed to fit a Heroquest-y vibe. Though obviously, given the literal Arthurian story, maybe people will poo-poo this comparison and point to the more obvious similarity to Pendragon instead.

On 9/21/2021 at 3:29 PM, Runeblogger said:

I want to read another of Simon Roy's comics: Tiger Lung

394608370_SimonRoyTigerLung.jpg.57cf63c99fde36b751f8778c8a16691f.jpg

Just noticed this post. Tiger Lung is awesome. The stories in the book include a lot of Glorantha-like material, especially related to shamans and the spirit world: a spirit summoning gone wrong; venturing into an ice cave to deal with more spirits (and an undead relative); hyenas led by the above-pictured Telmori-esque, werehyena. If you can get your hands on a copy of this book, do it. It's a snapshot of a stone age Glorantha. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Actually went and got a copy of Tiger Lung based on mention here. It is indeed pretty darn sweet for inspiration on shamans. The segment where he rode along with a crow spirit to poke around the spirit world was pretty cool especially.

"Well, forgive me for thinking a spirit might notice something in the spirit world i wouldn't."

Best line in the whole thing I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1