Apple lanes roads

D

while building Apple Lane I realized that I don't know where the road that heads north leads to. The east bound one goes to Jonstown and the west one goes to Runegate. The map at the back of Apple Lane shows it heading north, almost showing it as a short cut between Runegates northern road, but when I look at the Argan Argar Atlas it doesn't show much there. Any thoughts?

I'd guess it's an unmarked trail that leads to Oakton and the Varmandi clan. There might even be a ford along the way (Vinga's Ford).

In general, don't try to extract local detail (where does the path heading north from my village lead?) from a continent-spanning overview (the Argan Argar Atlas). The map of Colymar lands in the GM Screen Pack shows more stuff that's of local interest.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Scorus said:

I use the road that goes off to the north as the road to Swanton and Runegate and the road leading west as a herding trail that runs down to Black Spear and Clearwine. Or either could just lead to more of the orchard tenant farms to the north and west.

Check the "Apple Lane Orchards" map in the GM Screen Pack. East is Jonstown, South is Clearwine, West is Runegate and north is unmarked.

14 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

Check the "Apple Lane Orchards" map in the GM Screen Pack. East is Jonstown, South is Clearwine, West is Runegate and north is unmarked.

Honestly, I didn't understand that map at all. It showed a lay-out of a village that was completely different from Apple Lane and laid out 5 tenant farms when the book clearly indicated that there were 25. It is a good map, useful for a village, but I couldn't understand how it related to the official maps, pictures, and descriptions of Apple Lane.

19 minutes ago, Scorus said:

Honestly, I didn't understand that map at all. It showed a lay-out of a village that was completely different from Apple Lane and laid out 5 tenant farms when the book clearly indicated that there were 25. It is a good map, useful for a village, but I couldn't understand how it related to the official maps, pictures, and descriptions of Apple Lane.

I'm not sure if this will help you at all, but the bit of Apple Lane that is shown in the Map of Apple Lane in the Adventure Book is the small cluster of buildings at the approximate crossroads in the centre of the Apple Lane Orchards map.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jenh said:

I'm not sure if this will help you at all, but the bit of Apple Lane that is shown in the Map of Apple Lane in the Adventure Book is the small cluster of buildings at the approximate crossroads in the centre of the Apple Lane Orchards map.

that's really helpful, thank you. I'll have to make some changes to my Apple Lane build 🙂

There is some discrepency between the roads depicted on the two maps, but I put that down to matters of scale and artistic representation. It would be really helpful to have compass marks on all of the maps (or is there a stated default that I've missed?) and a scale (even for the more artistic ones), but I'm happy to assume that there are more roads just off the edges of the village centre map.

normally north is at the top of the map unless otherwise stated. cross referencing the orchard map and the one at the back of Apple lane classic edition, I would guess that the road to Clearwine passes by the Cinder pits as it isn't shown on the Apple lane one, but that's the only route that doesn't go over hills.