Snakepipe Hollow

Agentorange

Tha map for snake pipe Hollow shows several possible cave systems...and those are the one we know about. Would it be fair to say that besides the cave and temple complex described in the supplement that there are other chaos nests in the caves, maybe other buried ruins that could be explored ?

What was the geography of Snakepipe Hollow before the area was collapsed, was it rural, or were there towns, hamlets, temples etc which even now are waiting to be discovered or explored ?

Edited by Agentorange

There could well be.

After all, the Earth Temple might not be the only thing that was in the area.

The stream might connect to other, self-enclosed systems.

I think that Snakepipe Hollow must contain more chaos than just the Caves of Chaos. That might be one Chaos Source, but I am sure there are others.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

1 hour ago, Agentorange said:

Tha map for snake pipe Hollow shows several possible cave systems...and those are the one we know about. Would it be fair to say that besides the cave and temple complex described in the supplement that there are other chaos nests in the caves, maybe other buried ruins that could be explored ?

Of course!  The general map suggests at least four large cave systems.  Other complexes might lead to ruins of towns or the like which supported the main temple complex.

1 hour ago, Agentorange said:

What was the geography of Snakepipe Hollow before the area was collapsed, was it rural, or were there towns, hamlets, temples etc which even now are waiting to be discovered or explored ?

Unknown aside from an Earth temple existing there.  Maybe vast gardens, maybe a dwarf settlement, or elf groves, or human towns supporting the temple.  These would likely date to the Golden Age originally, maybe got overlaid/reused by something else in the Storm Age, and then abandoned/lost/buried during the Great Darkness.

3 hours ago, Agentorange said:

I would guess that the Snake Pipe preceded the collapse of the region.

There was a city nearby where Korang the Slayer had herded all his captives, which was drowned along the enemy by Sky River Titan's blood. That could mean that the ruins of the city are beneath Skyfall Lake.

There was no Skyfall, but there was something for Hard Earth to work with to capture the iron spear of Korang the Slayer. According to King of Sartar, the peaks of Cliffhome are the remains of the Earth God. (However, Conquest Peak is one of the peaks making up Aedin's Wall, so at least that peak must have pre-existed.)

The Hollow is a good distance away from the battle site, but it might be the place where Hard Earth gathered the substance he trapped the evil spear in.

Telling how it is excessive verbis