Ghostbusters ponderance...

To Whom it May Concern,

I was just wondering as being it has been over 25 years since the Original "Ghostbusters™  A Frightfully Cheerful Roleplaying Game" was released, and a Fifth Movie sequel has been announced. Has there been any talk of a new Ghostbusters TTRPG being made? West End Games was declared bankrupt in 1998, but I don't know if Nocturnal Media now has rights to it. I also realize that Chaosium is quite busy. I've always been a big fan of the Ghostbusters and the TTRPG game is unique in that it's from 1986 and you can still find people playing it on Youtube. Ghostbusters: Afterlife did do alright in the Box Office but it was right in the middle of COVID, so I'm sure that effected the numbers, but I also know it didn't do great overseas. Anyway, not really expecting anything to come of this post, just pondering how a Ghostbusters game would be really cool and I couldn't find a modern incarnation & was just was curious what people would have to say about this. Salutations, Zulfikar Zaban

"We Came, We Saw, We Kicked it's Ass!"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zulfikar Zaban said:

Has there been any talk of a new Ghostbusters TTRPG being made? West End Games was declared bankrupt in 1998, but I don't know if Nocturnal Media now has rights to it. I also realize that Chaosium is quite busy.

As is well known, Chaosium (Greg, Sandy, and Lynn) designed West End Games' Ghostbusters RPG, which pioneered d6 dice pool mechanics later used in such games as the Star Wars RPG. But Chaosium never owned the licensing rights to Ghostbusters, and doesn't own them now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1