Magical sword question.

Sorry if this was covered before, game tonight and I have need of an answer. I am running a modern fantasy campaign and the search is on for a magical sword. The spell sharpen which states extends the natural range of the weapon's damage, does that include special's and crits??? I have basically decided that a magical weapon has "permanent" sharpens on them etc. So I am trying to decideif the special and crits are the players ability roll and or upped by the magic of the weapon. (personally I think not but... Help?? Ideas?? Am I thinking wrongly??? Thanks in advance people..

Sorry if this was covered before, game tonight and I have need of an answer. I am running a modern fantasy campaign and the search is on for a magical sword. The spell sharpen which states extends the natural range of the weapon's damage, does that include special's and crits??? I have basically decided that a magical weapon has "permanent" sharpens on them etc. So I am trying to decideif the special and crits are the players ability roll and or upped by the magic of the weapon. (personally I think not but... Help?? Ideas?? Am I thinking wrongly??? Thanks in advance people..

I would assume that any magic that increases the damage of a weapon would increase the damage produced by a crit as well. After all, it IS the new damage of the weapon. Therefore a shortsword that normally does 1D6+2 that has been enchanted with Sharpen 3 therefore doing 1D6+5, would end up doing 2D6+10 with an impale, plus normal damage bonus. However, I do not know of any point where this is specified in any iteration of BRP, could be wrong though.

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

my answer

The Charm of Making

Pseudo-spell.

Here is the Charm of Making, as it appears in the film Excaliber:

Phonetic: anal nathrak, uthvas bethud, do che-ol di-enve.

Old Irish (these are possible spellings for what is being said, as Gaelic is a very strange language when it comes to spelling): Anal nathrach, orth' bhais's bethad, do che'l de'nmha.

OR: Anáil nathrach orth bhais betha, do cheol déanta.

Modern English: Serpent's breath, charm of death and life, thy omen of making.

My translations: Anáil nathrach, ortha bhas betha, do cheol déanta.

Breath of the serpent, spell of life, the song for the maker.

Breath of serpent, spell of death and life, your song of making.

In might a man, a youth in years, Of boisterous valour, Swift long-maned steeds under the thigh of a handsome youth ...Quicker to a field of blood, than to a wedding quicker to the ravens' feast

- Y Gododdin

"The soldier knows little of philosophers but in him and in his deeds life expresses itself more profoundly than any book can"

- Ernst Junger

E3b1a2 V13 V36

I must be misssing something but I will laugh along:P

In might a man, a youth in years, Of boisterous valour, Swift long-maned steeds under the thigh of a handsome youth ...Quicker to a field of blood, than to a wedding quicker to the ravens' feast

- Y Gododdin

"The soldier knows little of philosophers but in him and in his deeds life expresses itself more profoundly than any book can"

- Ernst Junger

E3b1a2 V13 V36