Earth temple outside the walls

Runeblogger

It is probably uncommon.

The Ernalda Temple is an essential part of the fabric of Sartarite Tribes/Clans, so I would expect Temples to be within the clan strongholds.

Maybe there is a reason the Colymar Earth Temple is outside the walls?

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

31 minutes ago, Runeblogger said:

Is it common for Ernalda temples to be outside the walls of a city like the Colymar Earth temple? Or is that only the case for areas where everybody knows the temple won’t be attacked by inhuman forces?

If you imagine that a temple evolves from a sacred spot to a shire to a temple gradually. Alongside this may be a settlement established for defensive reasons or water location. The two don't always go hand in hand. Clearwine is a rocky outcrop and the temple is on the land below. Sacred places in the real world are not always in settlements. for the same reason. Likewise temples to Orlanth Thunderous can be hill tops, while orlanth adventurous mobile wandering the land. That's not precluding organised temples that have evolved settlements around them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/