The God Learners Episode 14: Nomad Gods (Part 2)

Lordabdul

Episode-14-Nomad-Gods-Part-2.png.3a46845627687149f43bc038029a00bc.png

In episode 14 of the God Learners podcast, we return to our exploration of Prax through the lens of the 1977 board game "Nomad Gods". @David Scott expertly guides us through these strange lands. We discuss the French version of the game, the magic rules, shamans, spirit societies, chaos monsters, and more!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

I really enjoyed this episode (and its predecessor), Ludo. Thank you for putting it together.

I know it's low-hanging fruit, but might we see similar episodes for Cults of Prax and Cults of Terror? As formative to the medium as the former is, I've always found it strange that the first major overview of Glorantha mythology focused on Prax, instead of Dragon Pass, considering how Sartar became the default setting for most Gloranthan materials.

It would be good to be able to place these books in their original historical context, i.e. have more insight into the setting's early days from a publisher standpoint (I know there's been a recent episode on how Glorantha was experienced by players back in the early days).   

Edited by MHanretty
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks! (sorry I'm catching back to replies only now because apparently Invision Board doesn't send notifications anymore for replies to your own topic...)

On 8/6/2022 at 12:38 AM, MHanretty said:

I know it's low-hanging fruit, but might we see similar episodes for Cults of Prax and Cults of Terror?

We very well might!  For Cults of Prax we've got the "Travels of Biturian Varosh" where we follow the boxed text throughout the book, and we will probably do the same with the boxed text in Cults of Terror. But no plans yet to cover the actual contents of those books. It's a good suggestions though!

On 8/6/2022 at 12:38 AM, MHanretty said:

It would be good to be able to place these books in their original historical context, i.e. have more insight into the setting's early days from a publisher standpoint (I know there's been a recent episode on how Glorantha was experienced by players back in the early days).

I do want to cover the 'early days of Glorantha' in more detail but we just need to do some research to find good guests (suggestions welcome!)

• Thanks 1

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !