Horror on The Orient Express

Nozbat

I’m going to buy the updated version of Horror on the Orient Express

I was trying to buy the hard copy, two volume work to support local games shops and wanted the PDF too.

Do I have to buy it separately? I was looking but can’t find any details about if you get the hard copy, the PDF can be downloaded too

Looking for some help from a Sage

Highly recommend the HPLHS prop set. Great value for $5!

ROLAND VOLZ

Running: nothing | Playing: Battletech Hero, CoC 7th Edition, Blades in the Dark | Planning: D&D 5E Home Game, Operation: Sprechenhaltestelle, HeroQuest 1E Sartarite Campaign

D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger. - TiaNadiezja

I've been wondering how difficult it would be to get something like an artist's model and some clay, and model a Sedefkar Simulacrum, and paint it appropriately, as a prop.

ROLAND VOLZ

Running: nothing | Playing: Battletech Hero, CoC 7th Edition, Blades in the Dark | Planning: D&D 5E Home Game, Operation: Sprechenhaltestelle, HeroQuest 1E Sartarite Campaign

D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger. - TiaNadiezja

5 hours ago, Closterphobia said:

Hi @Nozbat, make sure the local game shop is a member of the Bits and Mortar program, then they’ll be able to send you a link via email to download a PDF copy of the HOTOE.

I looked at the Bricks and Mortar website. It seems if I provide proof of purchase I could get the PDF too 

Thanks for your help

• Like 1

Huh. I was just looking at the 2014 version, and the NPC Emile Duchamps (Book 5 page 63) has 6E stats instead of 7E! Did that error show up in the 2020 version?

EDIT:
Easy enough to figure out the 7E version.

STR 60 CON 65 SIZ 75 INT 65
POW 85 DEX 70 APP 80 EDU 75
Sanity 85 Build: 1 Move: 7 HP: 14

Damage Bonus: +1D4

Brawl 45% (22/9), damage 1D3 + 1D4
Dodge 40% (20/8)

Skills: Art/Crafts (Acting) 25%, Charm 75%, Credit Rating 20%, Listen 50%, Persuade 68%, Psychology 50%, Ski 76%, Spot Hidden 55%.

Languages: French (own) 75%, English 30%, German 50%, Swedish 54%.

Edited by AlHazred

ROLAND VOLZ

8 hours ago, AlHazred said:

I've been wondering how difficult it would be to get something like an artist's model and some clay, and model a Sedefkar Simulacrum, and paint it appropriately, as a prop.

This Kickstarter might give you ideas.

body-kun or action figure might be easy to modify. I wonder if anyone has used a mannequin for a full scale prop...

Edited by mvincent
  • Like 1

That Kickstarter was great, but I first found out about the week after it finished! 😮

It also occurred to me to check, and there are action figure models on Thingiverse, so I might check to see if there's a convenient 5-points-of-articulation action figure 3D model available. Would probably be easier to modify!

Edited by AlHazred

ROLAND VOLZ