Out Now in Print: New Pavis - City on the Edge of Forever!

Ian A. Thomson

Volume One has been updated on Drivethru! :)

New expanded cover - finally enhanced to match the original image that had to be restricted due to initial finances. (This is not yet visible on the sample seen on the Drivethru page, but is absolutely present on the new pdf itself!)

Various corrections and minor enhancements since the last update.

Several large new professional illustrations from Roy Duffy and Matthew Cole.

And an entire new final section of maps/plans and room/building descriptions for: 

* The Pavis Temple in New Pavis
* Gimpy’s Tavern (including both sets of secret tunnels!)
* Geo’s Inn
* Badside (built on the ruins of Thieves Town)
* Bob’s Bisonburger Emporium

Vol. 02 has also been updated with a few corrections and clarifications. However, I also just learned about one oversight today that I have fixed by adding a new boxed section about Yelorna into Vol. 02. This will appear in another update, which I will ask Fabian to do when we upload Vol. 03 (hopefully in a week or so).

Vol01NewCoverJuly23_SML.jpg

• Like 6

------------------------------------

Former Issaries Inc. 'Pavis Expert'

Some of my creations and co-creations: https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en/browse?keyword=Ian Thomson 

• 3 weeks later...

Great summary by Nick, so I will post it here:

Pavis County & Beyond: Secrets of the Borderlands,The third volume of Pavis & Big Rubble Companion material to be revised and reissued on the Jonstown Compendium covers adventurer creation (inc. family history and local cults) for natives of rural Pavis County and the Zebra Tribe. Four full scenarios follow – The Corflu Connection, Problems with Neighbours, Crimson Shadows Over Prax and Echoes of Evil – with a smattering of ideas for how to link them into your campaign. Next are maps and gazetteers for eight prominent settlements in the Zola Fel Valley: Old Fort, Indagos, Garhound, Ronegarth, Weis, Horn Gate, Sun Dome (Town, not Temple) and Corflu. The book wraps up with twenty pages of room-by-room notes on how the author ran and expanded the classic Borderlands campaign; the Adventures section has more suggestions for how to merge that with a Pavis-based campaign, in which the adventurers become wide-ranging troubleshooters for Duke Raus of Rone. ($18.00 for 254 pages)

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/448641/Pavis-County--Beyond-Secrets-of-the-Borderlands-RuneQuest?src=newest_community

• Like 4

Some of my creations and co-creations: https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en/browse?keyword=Ian Thomson 

• 4 weeks later...

The PDFs have just been updated for Vols. 1 & 2

Change notes for Vol. 01:
Just after the P.O.D. layout was complete we noticed that the titles for Zebra Stockade, Zebraside and (in one case) Badside were confusing as to which entry belonged to which location. This has been corrected in this final version of the pdf, and an errata note placed prominently in its early pages to clarify what the mistakes were and how to update them.

Change Notes for Vol. 02:
A number of corrections and clarifications; plus two revised Rubble locations in the Gazetteer - inspired by the creation of the Vol. 04 scenarios.
  • Like 2

'New Pavis: The City on the Edge of Forever' (Vol. 01 of the P&BRC Director's Cut) ...

... is now available to buy as a Print on Demand hardcopy that looks (and apparently is) a solid and rather nifty tome. 🙂

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/413853/New-Pavis-City-on-the-Edge-of-Forever-RuneQuest

With the pdf version you will also find a handy downloadable Rubble Map for printing and using to make notes on as the campaign progresses. (This handout has been sent to Fabian but may not be uploaded for another day or so, so you might have to check back for that.)

Many thanks once again to all of the collaborators/contributors, without whom the creation of this series would totally not be possible!!

HCopyImageVol01.jpg

Edited by Ian A. Thomson
  • Like 8
  • Helpful 1
  • Thanks 1

• Nick Brooke changed the title to Out Now in Print: New Pavis - City on the Edge of Forever!
On 5/1/2023 at 8:21 AM, Ian A. Thomson said:

?

On a distantly related note, is there a list of named major cities in the EWF in which a criminal cult similar to the Peaky Blinders may have arisen? I would like to add a named origin city to a cult that ended up in Pavis City and began to be worshipped again (albeit by only a small group and a handful of individuals) once Thieves Town was founded

There's a Duck  criminal  gang called the Beaky Blinders....maybe that's what you're thinking of ? 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Agentorange said:

There's a Duck  criminal  gang called the Beaky Blinders....maybe that's what you're thinking of ? 😁

And a 'Pukey Bonkers' Broo band in the Pavis Campaign :)

• 2 weeks later...

Freshly arrived!

374564289_6849320098423172_6605772841405961417_n.jpg

376807120_6849320195089829_7141615593583408747_n.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

--

An Unofficial Buyer's Guide to RuneQuest and Glorantha lists everything currently available for the game and setting, across 60 pages. "Lavishly illustrated throughout, festooned with hyperlinks" - Nick Brooke. The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "A wonderful blend of researched detail and Glorantha crazy" - Austin Conrad. The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Stunning depictions of shamanistic totem-animal people, really evocative" - Philip H.

8 hours ago, Zac said:

That looks very nice

Absolutely.

Thanks again to Nick for the heroic conversion work!

And to Kris Herbert & Dario for the cover art :) [I'm glad I decided to upgrade the image for the POD.]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATED PDFS NOW ON THE JONSTOWN COMPENDIUM:

VOL. 01: PDF has been updated for the final time. It wasn't going to be replaced again, since it already had an update after the POD was produced. (Due to some errors being noticed literally a day or two after the POD was finalized.) However, since Dario created a new map of the Big Rubble for Vol. 02, we thought we'd put this in the Vol. 01 pdf as well! (So it has replaced the original Players' & GM's versions, one nice and empty, and one with named primary locations.) Likewise the printable handout has been replaced with a blank version of the new map. (Big thanks to Simon Phipp for letting us use his version of the Big Rubble map prior to this point.)

VOL. 02: The aforementioned new map of the Big Rubble replaces the GM's Master Map in this book - the one with both named locations and a gazetteer of numbered locations too. We also added a new page at the end, with the cults of Buserian & Lokarnos. These would ideally have gone into Vol. 01 as they are a couple of standard cults for Suntown (as well as Sun County), but I only thought of doing them a week or so ago. There have also been a number of small alterations to information about places in the Big Rubble, made to match the Rubble section of Vol. 04 as it evolves. (AND, 'oh happy joy', all of this was done _before_ it went to POD layout!) :)

VOL. 03: The first round of minor error and formatting corrections.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...