Rivers of London - The RPG releases worldwide in PDF on November 30th

MOB

fiq4qu1wiayssh3.jpeg

“I think becoming a wizard is about discovering what's real and what isn't.”– Ben Aaronovitch 

Solve mysteries, and come to grips with those who have been irreversibly changed by magic. Out November 30th!

In Rivers of London: the Roleplaying Game, players take on the roles of newly recruited members of the London Metropolitan Police Service’s special magic branch, aka “the Folly.” You will solve mysteries, catch criminals, and come to grips with the “demi-monde”—those who have been irreversibly changed by magic. Rivers of London: The Roleplaying Game will be available in PDF November 30th*.

Rivers of London

ben-aaronovitch-rivers-of-london-series-1-7.jpg

The Rivers of London series follows Peter Grant, an ordinary constable turned magician’s apprentice, as he solves crimes across London in a sensational blend of inventive urban fantasy, gripping mystery thriller, and hilarious fantasy caper. The series debuted in 2011 with Rivers of London (Midnight Riot in the US) and now includes more than a half-dozen novels, several novellas, and a number of comic book series. The series has sold well over two million copies and has been translated into fourteen languages. In May 2019, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost announced that their production company, Stolen Picture, had acquired rights to create a television series based on the world of the Folly. Author Ben Aaronovitch is also known for his work on both television and audio scripts for Doctor Who.

*purchase the PDF from Chaosium.com, and when the hardcover version is out next year, the cost of the PDF is deducted from the price.

• Like 14

• MOB featured and pinned this topic

I am looking forward to this with much anticipation. I have a group of players who play CoC and are all fans of "Rivers of London" and the two together is TTRPG gold. Can't wait to grab the PDF and the Printed copy when it comes out next year.

It will be interesting to find out what the future plans are for RoL when you announce a couple of weeks time. 

• Like 3

I must confess a little disappointment that I won't have a nice hard copy of this waiting under the tree for me on the 25th. Boo! But then again I won't have to avoid spoiling the surprise, so now I can read the PDF on Wednesday. Hurrah! 

I'm also surprised that you've not gone with simultaneous book and PDF release as I got the impression that was the new Chaosium policy. Not that I'm complaining, mind. Which can we expect in future: PDF first or PDF with book?

A lot of interest and keen anticipation in this from my players and at a club I attend – I suspect sales will go well.

Edited by Cloud64
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Cloud64 said:

I'm also surprised that you've not gone with simultaneous book and PDF release as I got the impression that was the new Chaosium policy. Not that I'm complaining, mind. Which can we expect in future: PDF first or PDF with book?

My understanding so far was, that simultaneous release of book and PDF will only happen for boxes like the RuneQuest Starter Set, but I may be wrong ...

16 hours ago, Oracle said:

My understanding so far was, that simultaneous release of book and PDF will only happen for boxes like the RuneQuest Starter Set, but I may be wrong ...

Also, there may still be some lingering & still-evolving supply-chain & shipping issues.
@Chaosium may be facing abnormal issues, such that they can't actually settle policy for a "new normal" ... which doesn't yet exist.

C'es ne pas un .sig

Going forward we will be releasing simultaneously. The core book is the last of the separate PDF/print releases for a number of legacy reasons.

The book is at the printers, though, so please ask your local genii locorum for fair winds and waters to get them to our distributors sooner rather than later!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, WisdomOfWombat said:

@Lynne H I just have to ask, which set are the dice shown on page 13 of the rulebook? They look nice, and I would like to get a full set of them.

I'm not actually sure who made those ones, but I bought them from my friendly local board games cafe (Meeple Perk in Newcastle) because they matched the colours of the dice bag and dice tray they were selling at the time!

I will ask to see where they got them from, but it is a while ago...

8 minutes ago, Lynne H said:

I'm not actually sure who made those ones, but I bought them from my friendly local board games cafe (Meeple Perk in Newcastle) because they matched the colours of the dice bag and dice tray they were selling at the time!

I will ask to see where they got them from, but it is a while ago...

Sadly, they can't remember exactly who they got them from. The best I can suggest is having a look at online dice stores, or popping into your friendly local gaming shop, just in case.

Good luck!

• MOB unfeatured and unpinned this topic
23 hours ago, Lynne H said:

Sadly, they can't remember exactly who they got them from. The best I can suggest is having a look at online dice stores, or popping into your friendly local gaming shop, just in case.

Good luck!

I‘ve found them. They are called Mint & Purple or Soapy Mint at another store. But at least in my corner of the world they aren‘t that widely available. Now, they are the „Rivers of London“ dice to me 🙂

• Like 2

On 12/1/2022 at 12:29 PM, WisdomOfWombat said:

I‘ve found them. They are called Mint & Purple or Soapy Mint at another store. But at least in my corner of the world they aren‘t that widely available. Now, they are the „Rivers of London“ dice to me 🙂

And if you want thematic damage dice, we'll, I've got some of these on the way

https://www.thediceshoponline.com/tdso-red-blood-splatter-percentile-dice