HELP! Character generator

Goober

Hi,

1st post. I am thinking of running Deus Vult but find found Runequest a bit heavy with hit locations etc. Want fast character play so thought would use BRP, but never used it and want to do some low clerical magic for characters so have trawled the net for a character generator.

Which brought me to this site as all others and members links in this site take me to either a German MSN or an edu site that doesn't work. Any help of a link would be great or if someone has an Excel sheet that works even better!!

Played all sort of RP games, but not this, I take it BRP is like a lite version of CoC?

Any comments or help would be greatly appreciated.

Played all sort of RP games, but not this, I take it BRP is like a lite version of CoC?

BRP's current published version makes CoC a lite version.

There is a whole lot to digest in the BRP book. Try the Quick Start Rules (should be enough if you use the magic from the RQ2 book). http://catalog.chaosium.com/product_info.php?products_id=3700

121/420

BRP is the core system that drives CoC, Runequest, and other games. The Big Gold Book presents this core system, plus a number of options that a GM can use to tailor the game to suit their taste. It's designed and presented as a toolkit for GMs. Some people find this intimidating - particularly those that want only the rules they want in a tightly designed package. But GMs who like to build a rule-set to suit the campaign they have in mind love it. You could definitely use it to run Deus Vult.

As Tedopon mentioned, the quickstart guide gives what is probably the lightest iteration of the rules - no frills.

You might also look into OpenQuest, which is a light (and free to download IIR) version of MRQ1 that doesn't have hit locations.

"Tell me what you found, not what you lost" Mesopotamian proverb

Thanks for the info guys. downloaded the quick start which is simple enough but am still looking how to use low level magic. Will have a proper read and repost.

Still haven't found a PC generator, so if any of you chaps can help, would be great. If not, written one for HEX in Excel so might have to do the same for BRP.:-/

Thanks again,

Still haven't found a PC generator, so if any of you chaps can help, would be great. If not, written one for HEX in Excel so might have to do the same for BRP.:-/

Thanks again,

You'll find a couple in the download section:

http://basicroleplaying.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=28

But please write more of them! ;D

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

I've got something that I wrote to generate NPCs for Merrie England. It's not remotely useful for anyone else, though, as it's written in Progress 4GL and cannot be accessed via the Web. The two versions I have are for generic MRQ1 and BRP Merrie England.

If anyone wants stackloads of NPCs generated quickly then drop me a line.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here