Actual Play Examples of HeroQuest/Questworlds?

creativehum

Hi all,

Every time I think I've got a handle on how conflict resolution (and task resolution -- sometimes?) I run a moment of gameplay in my head and get all confused all over again.

Can anyone point me to any examples of actual play using the rules on YouTube or podcasts from people who know how to make the system sing? 

Greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

"But Pendragon isn’t intended to be historical, just fun.
So have fun."

-- Greg Stafford

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2023 at 2:17 PM, creativehum said:

Can anyone point me to any examples of actual play using the rules on YouTube or podcasts from people who know how to make the system sing? 

No YouTube or podcasts, but ran for 8 years via play by post on RPGGeek so can point you to a few of the various conflict resolutions (depends on if you're looking for combat or other interactions, simple or extended).

There's an extended combat that begins here on this page (in a clan hall in Jonstown currently used by Lunars): The Colymar Campaign 2 - Orlmarth Clan - part 6, page 21

There's another extended combat (this time in the Otherworld at the Ivory Tower): The Colymar Campaign 2 - Orlmarth Clan - part 5, page 13

If you want to see something extended that is not combat-focused, there's content set at the Caves of Silence to free Orane from the Underworld here: The Colymar Campaign 2 - Orlmarth Clan - part 8, page 26 - there are several contests somewhat interwoven on subsequent pages (a couple attempts to catch the Dancing Jar, a group simple contest to win over Orane).

15 hours ago, Darius West said:

I for one am fascinated about how to run missile combat in HQ.

I don't think I ever did anything that was explicitly an extended missile combat.   

• Thanks 3

• 1 month later...