Far future or what?

Marty Jopson

I'm confused...

I am looking to start a Traveller-like game in the new year and I'm trying to decide which system to use - BRP or the Mongoose Traveller. I fear the new version of Traveller will make my potential players recoil in horror. They are used to CoC rules and other systems are not viewed favourably.

Cheers

If you want to use BRP there are some conversion notes for Traveller. You also may want to check my post in the "BRP for future") thread where I put some links to useful sets of BRP rules.:)

http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)

There is no supposed. There are rules for making robots in Worlds Beyond, but not as PCs. Robots are too tough!

Futureworld has some good rules for PC robots. Come to think of it Futureworld has some very good rules on weapons/ forcefields etc, and its free! I highly recommend Cthulhu Rising as it has almost everything a BRP space game could need, and its free.

Future world is free? Where?

Guest the Bromgrev

It would be nice if someone could find the author (Frank Shewmake) and ask him if we could put the world generation section of the game into the files section of this site.

I think I'll ask the Evil Doctor Ganymede to whip me up a couple or hundred star systems when I need them, instead. :thumb: