Setting the Scene for the PC Histories

HreshtIronBorne

I am launching a new campaign this coming week and I am going to have all the PCs roll/choose their Family History together to see how/where they all met. I would like to have a little more detail to set the scene for at least each of the years of PC History, if not their parents and grandparents. 

Anyone know of a place I can find some more detailed descriptions of 1620ish - 1625. The blurbs in the history generation charts are fun but, they don't have quite enough detail to explain what they mean to non-Gloranthaphiles. I didn't even pick up on it til a player or two asked me to go into further detail about some of the years. Like the attack of the crimson bat around 1608, it eats a lot of grandparents. I'd love to be able to give a little more than Bad Army Attacked Capital, Ate Grandad.

The problem you've got is that is the period covered by Issaries publications in the early to mid 2000's and those have been, hmm, deprecated.  Even Sartar, Kingdom of heroes, which deals with that period is not what it used to be.  Now that the year zero of playing is 1625 I'm not sure when, if ever, we'll see much detail for 1620-1625. Would be nice though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrGoth said:

Now that the year zero of playing is 1625 I'm not sure when, if ever, we'll see much detail for 1620-1625.

Two best sources are: Glorantha Sourcebook (particularly the History of Dragon Pass p.35-41 plus the FHQ descriptions on p.17 and the Redline History for the Lunars p.188-189) and King of Sartar (Composite History of Dragon Pass, particularly p.123-127 and the Lost Chapter beginning on p.138-140).

• Thanks 1