Chaosium's Questworld

Guy Hoyle

I was wondering if anyone knows if I can find an electronic copy of the world map from Chaosium's old Questworld project. I am in a world-design mood, and thought of this mostly-unused world just sitting there, with climate information and ocean currents already carefully plotted out, just waiting to be populated. Tal Meta has a copy of the Kanos map on his website in Campaign Cartographer format, but I thought I'd check to see if anybody had already gone down that route before I started duplicating their effort.

Thanks,

Guy

• 8 years later...
Guest Vile Traveller

Well, this is an old thread, but better than opening a new one.

Re: the above, is this Questworld SRD for the Heroquest game rather than the old BRP boxed set?

On 4/25/2011 at 12:40 PM, ghoyle1 said:

I was wondering if anyone knows if I can find an electronic copy of the world map from Chaosium's old Questworld project.

Yes, in Wyrm's Footnotes, Issue 13, available in PDF from the Chaosium website.  $2.49 US.

https://www.chaosium.com/wyrms-footnotes/

!i!

[Edit:  Now that I've twigged to just how old the OP is, and the reason for resurrecting the thread, the forthcoming QuestWorlds SRD is for the HeroQuest 2/1/Hero Wars narrative RPG, not the original BRP 1982 game setting.]

Edited by Ian Absentia
Wait. The OP was from 2011?

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green

Guest Vile Traveller
16 minutes ago, Ian Absentia said:

the forthcoming QuestWorlds SRD is for the HeroQuest 2/1/Hero Wars narrative RPG, not the original BRP 1982 game setting.

Thanks, I haven't followed any HeroQuest conversations so this was a bit confusing, to say the least.

53 minutes ago, Vile said:

Well, this is an old thread, but better than opening a new one.

Well, I have long been a fan of that way of thinking. 

🎵Necrophiliacs looking for dead ones, 
      Freaking at the Freaker’s Ball!🎸

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

5 hours ago, Vile said:

Thanks, I haven't followed any HeroQuest conversations so this was a bit confusing, to say the least.

The new HQ initiative is, I presume, a deliberate homage to the old RQ/QW line.

I've no idea if it's a coincidence, but... QW was (IIRC) the only stretch-goal that failed to fund, in the RQClassic KS project.

C'es ne pas un .sig

1. We are not working on an SRD specifically for the RQ2 Questworld boxed set. Maybe some day. It's just not a priority. We may just add it as a Jonstown Compendium option.

2. When we talk about "Questworlds", we are referring to a non-Gloranthan version of the current HeroQuest rules.

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.