Destined character examples and rule tweaks

DreadDomain

Lately I watched the Destined actual plays by @inwils (inwils - YouTube) and I found them quite entertaining, and it showed Destined was working quite well. The power system is quite interesting and even if it limits itself on power level, on purpose, it feels easily expandable with a few adjustments.  Also, while I am more than happy to have a bunch of custom boosts and limits, I thought a few more pointers, and standardization, would have been useful on top of those already given.

In any case, I believe Destined is the best BRP/d100 power system at the moment and an excellent stand-alone game. (well done @Timejockey). I’d like more stuff being done with it.

In the next post, I will add notes I have collate up for it. They may seem extensive, but they really are just a collection of soft tweaks and extrapolations to expand the scope of the game a bit. 

Over the next several days, I will add characters, DC, Marvel and originals. Some of them I shared already a while ago. They were collected by @Bilharzia on Discord. The versions in this thread will be updated.

In creating the characters, I have followed some general principles:

• For the originals, I created them at Paragon level, chose a power template and randomly rolled for origin, culture, career, one general background and one origin background. 
  • For DC and Marvel, I guesstimated a power level and assigned characteristics, powers and skills based on budget. Power levels assigned were roughly Street Level for street heroes (Punisher), Epic Level for street heroes with powers (Daredevil), Paragon Level for “low” power heroes playing in the big league (Batman, Captain America) or medium power heroes (Spider-Man), World-Class level for big league heroes (Flash, Iron Man), Godlike level for truly powerful heroes (Thor, Hulk) and Cosmic level for truly powerful heroes with a huge array of powers (Superman).
  • I did not necessarily respect the maximum number of Core and Limits. If the emerging concept required more, it was what it was.
  • I was pretty loose with Combat Styles. I generally folded Unarmed under the CS instead of investing in two skills.
  • All the characters are “90% finished”. I am sure I would look at them again and realized I forgot am important power, would tweak a skill, and so on.
  • I have not tried to zone in a specific interpretation of the characters. They are not MCU Iron Man or DC Rebirth Superman. They are just… generic.

Up next, a few tweaks...

Happy for people to contribute their creations and house rules.

Edited by DreadDomain
  • Like 5

Here are a few thoughts on some tweaks for Destined.

Campaign level (Extended)

Power Level

Street

Epic

Paragon

World-Class

Godlike

Cosmic

Beyond

Charact.

Char Pts

Char Limit

Attributes

HP +

Action Pts

PP+

PP Recovery

1/hour

2/hour

3/hour

4/hour

5/hour

6/hour

Skills

Culture

Career

Bonus

Skill Limit

Total

Abilities

Core Power

Max Core

Bonus Boost

Max Limits

Gear

Allotment

30%

40%

50%

60%

70%

80%

This is a straight extrapolation of the current table (which stops at Paragon). I also have to say that I am not too fussed how the maximum core or maximum limits constrains. If the concept requires more core or limit, why not.

Origins

Origins

Charact.

Created

CON

Experimentation

INT

Inherent

CHA

Mutation

CON

Mystical

CHA

Superior Being

POW

Technology

INT

Training

POW

I have added “Superior Being” to the list (specifically for Thor) and changed the driving characteristic of “Training” to POW (willpower being key). That being said, I’d be very relaxed about what the driving characteristic of an origin is.

Exchanging Slots

I expanded a bit on the optional rule found on page 31. Note that it works both ways. A player can sacrifice 30% of skill to get an extra Power Slot or reduce their characteristics pool by 5 to get 20% additional allotment.

• 1 Power Slot = 30% additional Skills
  • 1 Power Slot = 20% additional Allotment
  • 1 Power Slot = 5 additional Characteristics

Boosts and Limits

I am using some additional guidelines for Boosts and Limits. They do contradict some existing Boosts:

• A boost in combat will generally double a value for 2PP and quadruple it for 3PP.
  • A boost for out of combat move is generally x20 in km/h (already included in the Enhanced Speed Core), x50 for 2PP, x100 for 3PP (as per Supersonic).
  • A boost for long range senses is generally 1PP for x10, 2PP for x100, 3PP and concentrating for x1,000 (based on Global Empathy).
  • Some Hero Limits count double since their effect is more constant.

New or modified Boosts

Strong Power: Each level increases core power level by 1. Secondary attributes increase by one step if calculated on an extra characteristic, or by half a step if calculated by half a characteristic. This is a modification of Power Boost on page 251.

Weak Power: Each level decreases core power level by 1. Secondary attributes decrease by one step if calculated on an extra characteristic, or by half a step if calculated by half a characteristic. This is a modification of Weak Power on page 251.

Clobber: For 2PP, damage is multiplied by 3 to determine Knockback and Bash effect, For 3PP, damage is multiplied by 10. 

Power Lift: The hero is able to lift far more than normal. The hero can spend 2 Power Points to double their maximum weightlifting limit for the Core Power, or 3 Power Points to quadruple it. This identical to Size Matters Not p.117)

Nigh Invulnerability: The hero spends 2 Power Points to ignore a single attack that inflicts damage no greater than twice their Inherent Armor value, or 3 Power Points to ignore a single attack that inflicts damage up to four times their Inherent Armor value.

Resistance: Damage types divided in four broad categories (kinetic, ballistics, energy, special). Something more specific (only versus guns, only versus fire) only cost a boost.

Supersonic: The hero is capable of reaching high speeds when unimpeded. Outside of combat the hero can 20x fly their normal flying speed in kilometers per hour. The hero can move 50x this speed for 2 Power Points for every hour of increased flight time, or 100x it for 3 Power Points, but afterwards they must make a Hard Endurance check or suffer 1d3 Levels of Fatigue."

Hyper Speed: 2PP for Move x2 or perform an extended task faster (divide time by the speed multiplier), 3PP for Move x4 or perform an extended task faster (divide time by the 10 times the speed multiplier).

Telescopic Sense: 1PP for x10, 2PP for x100, 3PP and concentrating for x1,000.

Weapon Traits: Dazzle, Defensive, Entangle, Radius, Reach, Returning, Size, Sunder, Thrown. This simply allowing more traits and effects under this boost.

New Core Powers

Along the way, I created this Core power for Hulk. It is based on Flight.

Superleap - Can leap a distance of STR in meters plus Athletics bonus

Boost: Stratospheric Jump, Out of Combat Jumps x20, x50 for 2PP, x100 for 3PP

Boost: Strong Legs, 2PP for x2 or 3PP for x4

Characteristics and Attributes

In Destined, an average human has 9 or 10 in their average characteristics. I think it is an excellent change from vanilla Mythras. However, it needs to come with a few tweaks. First If characteristics are rolled, SIZ and INT are rolled like the other.

Second, I have tweaked to SIZ chart to represent that SIZ 9 and 10 are average (not 13). It was mostly useful when I was assigning SIZ to existing characters.

Height

Weight

SIZ

Low

Average

High

Lithe

Slender

Average

Broad

Heavy

Third, it could be useful to tweak the damage modifier table so that an average human has no DM. An option in to keep the table as is except for STR+SIZ 16-20 = 0 and STR+SIZ 21-25 = +1. Alternatively, keep it as is. An average Joe has a DM of -1d2. Life is tough.

Edited by DreadDomain
  • Like 5

Velocity Damage

This is a work in progress but the goal here is to make velocity damage more in line with a higher powered, more four-color flavored game. As written, it is just too deadly.

Velocity

Damage

up to 30

On a Charge, Damage Modifier is increased by one step

31-50

+1d6

51-100

+2d6

101-200

+3d6

201-400

+4d6

401-800

+5d6

801-1,600

+6d6

1,600-3,200

+7d6

3,201-6,400

+8d6

6,401-12,800

+9d6

12,801-25,600

+10d6

Each x2

add 1d6

This progression is much slower as it adds an extra d6 every time speed doubles (instead of every additional 100 meters. Note that at this speed, the hero also incurs damage. To avoid damaging themselves, the hero can decide to inflict only half damage. The Flash slams Grodd at just over 800 Move for a total of 1d3+6d6 damage. To avoid getting injured he delivers a move-by punch, or roll with his own shoulder slam and inflict half damage. Still an average of 12 hits!

Edited by DreadDomain
  • Like 4

Here is an original, Dust Devil. He is a past criminal specializing in breaking and entering, theft and forgery of various forms of art.

General Background: He was once part of a villainous Organization of great power and secret influence. He managed to get free, adopting a new identity to hide from his wicked former masters because if they find him, they will destroy him and everything around him.

Origin Background: His mother always told him that the powers he has were a blessing, but he has vague memories as a child of a lab and numerous injections. Now that she’s gone, he has no one to ask, but who were they, and why did they choose him?

Core Powers: As an elementalist, Dust Devil controls and even creates earth like material including sand, soil, rocks and dust, which he can use to great effect. In a urban environment, I picture him lifting a multitude of pebbles and dust, broken concrete, etc to create a whirlwind.

image.thumb.png.fc6fc5c6452374018a262bf92253d00c.png

I'll try to post another one tomorrow. 

Edited by DreadDomain
  • Like 5

One of (the?) first character I tried my hand at in Destined was Daredevil. My first attempt was to create him at Street level but I quickly realized that with his perception powers were easily pushing him to Epic level even if he operates in a street level context. I will post him later.

I then asked myself "who would be a poster child for a street level heroes?". Who else then the Punisher...

image.thumb.png.1ec97874729807235421c61eba21ef62.png

While creating him, a few things became apparent. First, calibrating average citizens at 9 or 10 for all characteristics is a great design decision. In the write-up above, Frank is average in intellect and personality, but he is strong, big and tough with a good willpower.

Second, a street level, it is hard to create characters with broad expertise. Consider that it takes 50% to be considered professional and 75% to be considered an expert (I use round numbers for break points instead of the suggested 51% and 76%) and Frank does not quite cut the mustard in my write-up. I am happy with his Commando Training skill, bolstered by his combat expertise in sniper rifles and pistols, but some of his other skills are lacking. I stuck with the budget and though it was good enough but I could make a case for an extra 50% skill.

• Like 4

What about Daredevil then. As explained above, after an initial attempt at Street level, I pushed him up at Epic level. Now I did not respect the limitation on Limits. As a concept, Daredevil has quite a few limits (7 instead of the suggested maximum 4) and he has powerful senses that do require many boosts. The extra limits were necessary to stick to the Epic budget. One of these limits, Blind, actually counts for 2 as it is a very defining, and constraining, limitation of the character.

image.thumb.png.4649dee0994bf5f87108e144d4842bb9.png

Creating him made me realize that some boosts were too tame. In this case Telescopic that merely double the range of the senses. This is when I started about standardizing what boosts could do to improve capabilities, movement/speed and range (see my second post).

From a skill perspective, I think he is ok but specifically note that Athletics, Acrobatics and Perception at 1 or 2 grades easier because of his abilities. It effectively gives him 60% in Athletics and 113% in Acrobatics (or more in specific circumstances) and 100% in Perception. Not too shabby. 

Edit: I forgot to say that his Law skill at 55% might be a bit low. For more skill points, I could drop Unarmed Expertise and convert it into an extra 15% of skill.

Edited by DreadDomain
  • Like 3

Hawkman can be tough to create because his power level varies so much from one incarnation to the other. I have chosen this middle of the road version where he is mostly low power but still JSA capable at Paragon level, the same I have assigned to Batman and Captain America. The Hawkman in the Black Adam movie might well be World-Class.

image.thumb.png.062fb227360f473a995e9ffa93b0bacd.png

This is Hawkman the warrior. He is tough (high constitution and HP), strong (STR 39 for feat of strengths so he lifts up to around 1 mt on a hard Brawn roll) and his Nth metal gear allows him to fly at high speed (up to 400 km/h, 800 with Afterburner) and wields a small array of weaponry at 90%.

He is also an expert in archeology and ancient cultures (effective 113% with Savant) and branches out in a multitude of historical fields and lost languages with Instant Specialization.

EDIT: Looking at DC Adventures (M&M), Hawkman can fly 250MPH and lift 6 tons. I could drop Afterburner and replace it with Power Lift which would lower his flight to 400 km/h (250MPH) and increase his max lift to 4mt. Close enough.

Edited by DreadDomain
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Raleel said:

which character sheet are you using?

It is my own sheet. It is an excel spreadsheet where column A to BI is the character sheet that I post here.  The character sheet fields are copied from the construction columns (column BJ and onward) of the same spreadsheet. On the character sheet itself, I generally only format Core powers font vs Boost (indented, smaller font).

The construction section is semi-automated. Attributes and skills are auto calculated and selecting power level will modify HP, AP, PP, Allotments, and assign targets for skills, core, boost and limits. 

The construction portion is a modification (I dare not say improvement) of a sheet I believe you have posted and/or created.

• Like 3

Here is another original, Living Steel. This character is inspired by a creation of two of my good friends (the GM and the player) for a Champions decades ago. When I started creating an Inventor archetype, it reminded me of him, and I recreated him from memory instead. Jonathan Elvis King is a flamboyant, extravagant, genius inventor, CEO of Heavy Metal Industries. He has created a power armor, fashioned in roman centurion style, that gives him the powers to manipulate metal.

General Background: He recently learned someone close to him (Dr. Eddie Bell) has been hiding a double life. Maybe they are a superhero, a spy, or even a villain. Will he confront them about it, and how will it affect other people close to him?

Origin Background: He always had a gift for technology, even from a young age. He created his first inventions when other kids were more concerned about their junior soccer leagues. Is he just a prodigy with technology or is there some other reason he is so gifted with machines?

Core Powers: Creation and manipulation of metals. Genius in a broad number of technical fields.

image.thumb.png.33af606e33da4df44bd77250ba93f4c6.png

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, DreadDomain said:

It is my own sheet. It is an excel spreadsheet where column A to BI is the character sheet that I post here.  The character sheet fields are copied from the construction columns (column BJ and onward) of the same spreadsheet. On the character sheet itself, I generally only format Core powers font vs Boost (indented, smaller font).

The construction section is semi-automated. Attributes and skills are auto calculated and selecting power level will modify HP, AP, PP, Allotments, and assign targets for skills, core, boost and limits. 

The construction portion is a modification (I dare not say improvement) of a sheet I believe you have posted and/or created.

would you be willing to share that?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DreadDomain said:

Of course!

I will clean it up a bit and will share it. Do you want me to sent it to you by e-mail or should I just put it in the download section here?

whichever way is easiest for you. I was just going to put it in the discord 🙂

When I chose to create Captain America, it was actually to use Enhance Body as a power. I feel Cap came up quite well as a Paragon. He can lift about 1 metric ton, is a combat expert, can ricochet his shield with Precise Strike, has Return as a weapon trait on the shield and for a PP or two rolls for Athletics and Acrobatics between 90% and 150%.

image.thumb.png.7231cc1be38ebd0fdd1d8a6ed232779c.png

From a budget perspective, I exceeded the Paragon budget by 2 characteristics point (he has 102) and half a power slot.

Edited by DreadDomain
  • Like 2

It is always hard to create Batman because he is competent in several fields, he has gear, he has peak trained body... and so on. Savant was really my friend here (he has three fields of Savant) and I converted power slots into more skill points. All the skills with a * and his sheet get a bonus from Savant or Enhanced Reactions but, there is more. With the Parallel Knowledge Boost on all three Savants, he is competent in a very broad range of skills. He has a Polyglot boost and a Vanish in Shadows. Note that his Intimidate is effectively 120%. He has a lot of gear, including the batmobile and as the CEO of Wayne Enterprise, he has access to even more stuff.

I really felt like Destined was providing a lot of tools to create the Dark Knight.

image.thumb.png.2095f5d6fc09f538e057f0cf95c14e56.png

As you would expect, the Greatest Detective cheated the Paragon level with an extra 6 characteristic points and 1.5 power slots.

Edited by DreadDomain
  • Like 3

Spider-Man is another Paragon level hero. Not as broadly competent as Batman and Cap, who both punches far above their weight, he has enough power to be a mid to high profile hero. Spidey is a case where I sold off 30% in skills to get an extra power slot and exceeding the maximum number of limits (9 over 5).

image.thumb.png.2c9d68fa78da25f5162ee2561c78ad67.png

His spider powers give him his abilities to run-off walls and his uncanny agility. With all the benefits he has from Acrobatics (Savant, Nimble, Parkour), his Acrobatics checks are generally through the roof. Not bad at all. Even if his natural strength is quite average (10), with Enhanced Strength he can spend 2 or 3 PP to lift 4 or 8 metric tons or double that on a successful Brawn roll. On a hard Brawn roll (27%) and with 3PP, he could push it to 40mt.  The spider powers are rounded up by his spider sense, of course.

His web-shooters give him a few extra tricks; web boxing gloves, creating a web shield, web binding opponents and of course swinging between skyscrapers.

Also of note, his Perform (Wisecraking), 65% and Savant, can be used to confuse or enrage his enemies. 

Edited by DreadDomain
  • Like 1

After doing Batman, it felt right to create Catwoman. Because I had just finished the Dark Knight as a paragon, I did not think twice and thought she had to be able to hold her own but not be as good a fighter nor as broadly competent, so I made her Epic. In retrospect, following my own logic, I should have made her Street. However, I think she came out quite well at that level.

image.thumb.png.ccbf4dd3ac6314da774fc4815ad59909.png

She is as quick as Bat (Initiative 16), more agile with a better Acrobatics (80% with Acrobatics, Nimble, Superior Balance and Parkour) but not as good as Spider-Man's. She is also a master thief with Savant in Stealth, Sleight, Electronics, Security Systems and... Seduction... because Selina is more of a charmer than a deceiver. She is very good and slippery in a fight and can use her whip to great effect (keep at bay, disarm, trip) but would not necessarily hold her own too long against Batman and would certainly want to escape. 

• Like 1

I initially created Colossus to look at the "Tank test". Can a brick designed in Destined, withstand the blows of a tank cannon? Can it rip past its armor? See below for the short analysis. I chose Colossus because it seemed to fit well the classic Paragon brick. While X-men would generally be Epic level, some level Colossus, Wolverine or Storm are well into Paragon while others like Jean Grey might be World-Class. Colossus below respects all the budget constraints of Paragon level, has very decent Combat and Athletics skills with very high Brawn and Endurance skills. 

His base lift is only 8 metric tons but with Power Lift and a Brawn roll (100%) he can lift 80 metric tons. With a hard Brawn roll (which he has 50% chance to succeed) he could bring it to 160 metric tons. With his big metal fists, he delivers no less than 1d10+1d12/Large damage. Ouch! And he is tough too with high HPs, Armor of 8 and boosts to back it up (Second Wind, Invulnerability, Stand Fast). To top it all, he has Resistance and the Immunity boost against ballistics damage. One thing to note about Colossus is that he is not very mobile.

image.thumb.png.8218bbed00705f71f64900d8590df64e.png 

As noted above, the tank test is very theoretical, not taking into account context, like cover, distance, crew skill levels, etc. The goal is simply to figure out if a bout between it and a brick could yield expected, and exciting results.

When it comes to resisting the damage delivered by a tank cannon, 3d8+2 with an average 16 hits, Colossus would have a few options (assuming he gets hit). With Inherent Armor and Resistance (no expenditure of PP), only 4 damage would be inflicted (16-8 AP =8, divided by 2 because of Resistance equals 4). It would take 3 such blows in the same location to inflict a serious wound, in which case he could spend 3 PP (Second Wind) to heal back 5 HP and quite possibly not having to roll against his Endurance to avoid the serious. Colossus could instead spend 2 PP (either Immunity or Nigh Invulnerability) to shrug off the damage altogether. Depending on the context, the tank is a threat, but Colossus has 15 PP to use and withstand the attacks while he closes the distance.

Going on the offensive, Colossus could use his strength to lift the tank to flip it or throw it. Assuming a tank of 50 tons, for 2 or 3PP Colossus could flip and throw the tank 2 or 3 meters. He could instead decide to punch it with a damage of 1d10+1d12. With an average on 12 hits and Sunder, Colossus would destroy the Hull (armor points) of a tank in one blow. Each blow thereafter, he would chew up through its HP and totally destroy the tank (0 Structure) in 5 blows. Each hit, there is also a fair chance (12% on average) to destroy a system along the way. For fun, Colossus could grab the canon and try to twist it. With a Brawn roll (100%) he would inflict 1d10+1d12, Sunder damage. Using the table on page 133 (unfortunately no AP/HP for the vehicle weapons on page 146), the cannon could have AP/HP of 6/15. It would take Colossus 2 rolls to twist it out of shape. In short, once Colossus gets to the tank, its toast.  

All in all, I believe Destined succeeds the tank test with flying colors.

• Like 3

I wanted to try a character with shrinking as their main power and thought using the poster child, Ray Palmer, The Atom, would be perfect. That and because having his stats in DC Adventures is quite helpful.

On one hand, I was instinctively thinking about the Atom as an Epic level character but from the start, I believed Paragon level would be required. I was wrong, Epic was enough.

image.thumb.png.869e596232b03dee4577166d52a8c532.png

Ray is an expert physicist and a driven scientist who always want to test and trial theories (Savant for Craft, Engineering and Science with Instant Specialization). All his powers are based on the White Dwarf Star technology harnessed in his belt. He can easily shrink to less than 4cm (his favorite size being 15cm) which makes him 2 grades harder to hit and perceive. While he retains his strength and structural integrity, his move is greatly diminished, which he compensates by gliding through air currents at close to 50km/h or travel through telephone lines up to 11km.

If he spends power points, he has a few tricks up his sleeves. He can go super small (less than 4mm) or even enter the microverse. He can also quickly shrink to dodge an incoming attack, which would bring his defense (Acrobatics) to 90%. This is quite handy as he is not the toughest on the block. He can use his White Dwarf Punch and Growth Momentum to deliver a solid 1d8+1d4/M blow. He could do this quick (1PP) and shrink back for maximum defense (2PP) but that would expand him quickly if he does so repeatedly.

Edited by DreadDomain
  • Like 1

Here is another original at Paragon level, Synergy. It is when I was creating her that I was reminded of Living Steel, as few posts above. They are actually professional rivals, both being preeminent scientists. A past endeavor ruined her professional reputation. She is now impoverished and seeks to repair her reputation

General Background: Someone close to you claims to have psychic ability, and their predictions about your life have been eerily accurate. Will you use their visions to further your career, and what do you do when one of these visions predicts some dark fate for you or someone close?

Origin Background: While out in a remote area you came upon a strange craft and found the technology you use inside of it. Where did the craft originally come from? Will the original owners come to Earth to try to recover what they lost?

Core Powers: Using the alien tech she found (the body suits she wears), she creates and control robotics entities, but she is also an inventor of her own right. She creates constructs (Summon and Legion) that may have their own abilities (Empower Constructs) and can use a construct as her own powered armor (Homunculus). Using the suit itself, she generates a powerful blast (Blast) and can hack computer systems and technological devices (Technopathy).

image.thumb.png.2e62cbeb288698984516d92d7fd49b69.png

• Like 1

Ahh, why wait tomorrow? In Destined, The Flash is a named example for Paragon level so I initially tried to create it at that level. However, while I was somewhat happy with his speed, I realized I had messed-up the calculation because I used Supersonic with Enhanced Speed. This is what made me think to standardized some of the effects boosts based on what they modify (weight, speed, range, attributes, etc.) See the second post of this thread above. Second, I had to leave out his ability to phase through matters at high speed. In the end, as @Raleel pointed out on Discord, I had to accept The Flash is not a Paragon, but a World-Class hero.

image.thumb.png.9fe92a44708c0731bcf007323f30c22d.png

Like for the Atom, instead of just winging his power I looked at his write-up in DC Adventures, where he is listed with a top speed of 3,200,000 km/h. Taking into account boosts like Supersonic (which I called Super Speed here and excluded the base x10 since there is already x20 included with the core of Enhanced Speed), Hyper Speed, the Athletic bonus and the sprint multiplier, I had to add 3 levels of Strong Power (a boost described in my second post above) to get him to 2,560,000 km/h. Close enough methinks! Of course, achieving that speed is taxing, costing a total of 6 PP. Fortunately Flash has plenty of energy with 23 PP. I have listed his various running speed on the bottom right end side of the Abilities section.

The Flash is also the reason why I re-worked Velocity damage (see my third post) to give values that are a bit more sensible at high speed. Barry being always on the move, I have listed 3 different charging speed. The first is him running at above Move 400 up to 768, a normal combat move for him. This speed doesn't cost him any PP and he is at full skill, delivering 1d3+5d6. However, he would also take the same damage and Barry not being the toughest, would tend to punch-by or roll with the blow, avoiding any damage but delivering only half of that (still an average of about 10). Of course, he could deliver less against goons by running slower.  Imagine with Speed Charge for a mere 2PP plus 1 PP per extra target, et could run around the room clocking a bunch of goons out of their socks. 

For extra punch, he can charge even faster either by Running (attacking at half skill), using Hyper Speed (costing 2 or 3 PP) or both! For the latter, he would need to hyper run at minimum Move 6,401, inflicting 1d3+9d6, but he would roll with it for an average of 17 hits! He would need to succeed his attack at 30% and pay 3PP.

Some other random notes:

• With Surface Runner (inspired by Wallrunner) he can run of walls and liquids as long as he runes fast enough.
  • Hyper Action allows him to buy more move maneuvers.
  • Enhanced Reactions gives him an Initiative of 30 and, for a price, addition action points for reactions.
  • With Tireless, he can remove fatigue levels.
  • Speed Phase, a renamed Vaporous Form, gives him his various insubstantiality tricks.

In short, he has many Power Points, but he has a lot of Boosts to spend them on. I think he would be fun to play.

Edited by DreadDomain
  • Like 2

One thing to be said about the character that I am creating, and more generally the higher power levels, they are not deeply play tested. The power levels feel right, it is a simple extrapolation of the current levels, but when I create the characters, I do not attempt to break the system. I rather try to assign abilities, skills, characteristics and values in accordance with what I would think they should have, within the budget and in relation to one another.

Spidey is the most acrobatics and has better reaction time (initiative) than most except The Flash, Cap and Batman and better fighter than all the others eve if Thor and Hawkman, with their thousands of years of experience, come close.

So far, I really appreciate Savant, Parallel Knowledge and Instant Specialization, making it a breeze to create ultra competent characters (often difficult in other systems unless they are not really granular). The distinction between Cores and Boosts, what they they, how much they cost, is really good, opening up quite a few options in play.

With "Strong Power", some core powers scale up quite nicely (Enhanced Strength, Enhanced Speed, Flight, etc.) but some other powers do things in a weird way. Growth is an example of that. While the growing part seems alright, the lifting and damaging part is convoluted and those not really scale well. Also, how the powers are attached to characteristics feels grounded and works at lower level. At higher level, having them increasingly disconnected, with Boosts including Strong Power, also makes sense.

• Like 2