Nochet: Queen of Cities - pdf and POD

jajagappa

• 1 month later...

Revised and expanded version of Nochet: Adventurer's Guide is now available!

This version adds 30+ pages devoted to a full Character Background generation! Discover whether your grandparents met (or perhaps even sailed with!) Dormal. Learn whether your parents were at the Building Wall Battle (and whether they survived that). Find out how your character got through the Great Winter, what befell them during the Siege of Nochet, and whether they've ended up with a hated rival or a friendly mentor.

If you've already acquired the Adventurer's Guide, you'll find the updated version waiting in your Library on DriveThruRPG. And if you haven't picked it up yet, now's the time!

Get it here: Nochet: Adventurer's Guide

(And many thanks to those who helped playtest and proof the character background content!)

NochetAdventurersGd-trailer-v1.1.jpg

Edited by jajagappa
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
As a thanks for helping Nochet: Queen of Cities reach Gold Seller status, there's now a 20-page Gold Bonus supplement available to those who've acquired the pdf version! This includes an indexed map and description of Old Moontown, an overview of the Lunar presence in Nochet, and Nochet during the Great Winter. Also more rumors (for 1621 & 1622) and separate map files.
(Just look under your My Library tab on DriveThruRPG to find the new files.) Enjoy! 🙂

NochetTurnsGold-bonustrailer-1.jpg

• Like 6

• jajagappa changed the title to Nochet: Queen of Cities - NOW ON SALE!
  • jajagappa changed the title to Nochet: Queen of Cities - pdf and POD
Posted (edited)

Quietly over the last few days without any fanfare, Nochet: Queen of Cities has joined a very prestigious group of JC works: the 600 Club (601+ sales)! 

Very pleased and honored to get to that next step on the ladder! And many thanks to all who have purchased it as either pdf or POD so far! Hope all are enjoying it. 🙂

Edited by jajagappa
  • Like 10

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

Cannot wait for the scenario's book! I'll preorder them for sure.

It'll be like Sanctuary on steroids.

Have you sorted out how many senecio books are being planned?

It's in process with lots of pieces to work through. 🙂 

At this point the intent is a single Campaign & Scenarios book (i.e. complete the "trilogy"), but we'll have to see what it decides it wants to be (these works take on a life of their own).

Edited by jajagappa

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, jajagappa said:

Quietly over the last few days without any fanfare, Nochet: Queen of Cities has joined a very prestigious group of JC works: the 600 Club (601+ sales)! 

Congratulations!

I ordered the POD last week, and have been kicking myself for being stingy and not springing for the bundle. The adventurer's guide will just have to tide me over until it finally arrives. My players vibe with Nochet really big, so I anticipate that a lot of fun will be had with it.

Edited by Memestream
bushleague typo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Memestream said:

I ordered the POD last week, and have been kicking myself for being stingy and not springing for the bundle. The adventurer's guide will just have to tide me over until it finally arrives. My players vibe with Nochet really big, so I antcipate that a lot of fun will be had with it.

Hope you and your players enjoy Nochet!

54 minutes ago, Memestream said:

Congratulations!

I ordered the POD last week, and have been kicking myself for being stingy and not springing for the bundle. The adventurer's guide will just have to tide me over until it finally arrives. My players vibe with Nochet really big, so I anticipate that a lot of fun will be had with it.

I’ll warn you that it can be easy to get lost and/or overwhelmed in the book, given that it is doing its best to encompass parts of the city down to a building-by-building level. (After all, it started as an index for the map of Nochet.) My recommendation for once it’s in your hands is to focus on the neighborhood introductions, tread lightly through the building lists, let yourself be enchanted by an entry that catches your eye or by the ubiquitous sidebars, and then go back and do a closer reading on the neighborhoods that really caught your attention.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tatterdemalion Fox said:

let yourself be enchanted by an entry that catches your eye or by the ubiquitous sidebars

Well said, get into a neighborhood, its taverns, the connections, shady stuff going on, political ties to powerful families and other powers, some nefarious... flush out the who's and why's...

Each group of blocks have their own life which could easily generate 100's of hours of game time. I think of the Hellhounds from Sanctuary...

Maybe you collaborate with several authors, just like Thieves' World, you set the stage and give character to the main denizens and they write out the main plot, you guide the direction and now you have 8-10 really cool scenarios ready to go... what could go wrong with that...

Sign me up! (I mean to buy not write... lol)

image.png.f9427e74c4358fc2928dc3cf3e09ef1e.png

• Like 2