My New YouTube Channel, "Bill Plays C'thulhu"

Bill Mize

Yes, I got bored after shuttering my podcast, so I decided to jump on another bandwagon, a day late and a dollar short, and start a YouTube channel where I ramble as old duffers are wont to do, about Call of Cthulhu and other horror based role playing games.

It's new - ridiculously new - I've posted my first long form video today - but I'd still like to share it with my fellow Keepers and Gamers.

I've got a lot of plans for it, in ways that I can give back to this hobby that I love so much.

If you're a publisher, artist, writer, reviewer, or even a website owner, I want to interview you and do some deep dives into your work, creative process, love of the hobby, and so on.

If you are one of those, look out for an invite to get on a Zoom call in the future, or feel free to reach out to me.

I'll probably stay way from Actual Play, as that seems to be quite the crowded arena, but reserve the right to change my mind in the future.

I hope you enjoy my inagural video, and hope you'll subscribe and share, should you feel so inclined.

And yes, I do call out @Mike M in the final minutes.

Thank you all so much!

- Bill

• Like 9

6 hours ago, klecser said:

I'm game for an interview Bill. I run RPG Imaginings on YouTube and review for both Call of Cthulhu and RuneQuest. I've also published three products to the Miskatonic Repository.

I love it!

I just renewed my Zoom subscription, so I should be good to go here soon!

Thank you!

- Bill

• 2 weeks later...

New video alert!

I'm still learning and growing and trying to become a better creator, so I'm going big and I'm taking you through, step by step, "Heinrich's Guide to Call of Cthulhu Character Creation"!

This is a wonderful collection of random tables that serves to give your two dimensional character THREE dimensions (but not more, because Tindalos, that's why) and create a backstory that you can use for better RP and your Keeper can use to make your life difficult or at least interesting, especially when it comes to the longer campaigns.

I do hope you enjoy it and please do feel free to comment, share and subscribe!

- Bill

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Mail call today brought the BRP Universal Game Engine HARDCOVER!

Spoiler Alert: It's GORGEOUS.

Bonus: I rant about the games or campaigns that I would love to see created with this system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR9TOU4uqZ8

Thanks as always for your support!

- Bill

Edited by Bill Mize

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your kind words, John!
They do keep me going and keep me fueled!

Here's another wonderful Miskatonic Repository scenario, "The Lost Temple of the Vethalam"!
Instead of Arkham, Innsmouth or even Egypt, take your Call of Cthulhu Investigators to 1920's India for bit of digging and sanity loss!

- Bill