Runequest adventures & copyright

Samuel808

6 minutes ago, Samuel808 said:

Hi everyone! I’m thinking of creating digital RQ adventure books, and selling them for a small fee. Is this legal, if the material includes mentions about Glorantha, creatures of glorantha, and has pre-made characters etc.? Thanks!

No. See our Fan Material Policy. To get your creations published, the best route is via our Community Content program on Drivethru RPG. https://www.drivethrurpg.com/cc/29/jonstown-compendium. There's a lot of support available for doing this.

30 minutes ago, Samuel808 said:

Hi everyone! I’m thinking of creating digital RQ adventure books ...

When you say "adventure books" do you mean novels &c?
Or playable RPG adventures?

If you mean "RPG adventures" then (as noted by Scotty) the Jonstown Compendium community-content program on DTRPG is your friend, and the way forward!

Edited by g33k

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 9/21/2023 at 12:41 PM, Samuel808 said:

Hi everyone! I’m thinking of creating digital RQ adventure books, and selling them for a small fee. Is this legal, if the material includes mentions about Glorantha, creatures of glorantha, and has pre-made characters etc.? Thanks!

Have a look at the Jonstown Compendium Creators Circle on Facebook. They'd be glad to help you and offer really constructive advice. I have an adapted template for Jonstown Compendium supplements that allows you to export headings to PDF that i use for my supplements.

Also, check out the Jonstown Compendium itself, to see what other people are doing regarding adventurer modules.

Adventure books should sell well, especially if they are inexpensive.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

36 minutes ago, Zac said:

Unrelated to the OP... are any of the Jonstown Compendium Creators Circle mods on the forum? I sent a request to join the group some time ago and haven't received a response yet. 

I'm not a mod but can see member requests and there aren't any pending. What is your User Name on Facebook?

• Helpful 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

4 hours ago, soltakss said:

I'm not a mod but can see member requests and there aren't any pending. What is your User Name on Facebook?

Zac Beldan

I just checked the page again and it said that the request was still pending. I cancelled that request and initiated another one. Looks like it may have been a glitch

On 9/24/2023 at 10:33 PM, Zac said:

I just checked the page again and it said that the request was still pending. I cancelled that request and initiated another one. Looks like it may have been a glitch

It looks as though you are a member 

• Helpful 1