Size difference between Glorantha Classics Vol 1 and 4.

Deepest_Lore

Hello, I've recently come into copies of the Moon Design published Glorantha Classics Volume 1:  Pavis & Big Rubble. And Glorantha Classics Volume 4: Borderlands & Beyond. And when I put them on my shelf my copy of Borderlands & Beyond is about a tenth of an inch taller than my copy Pavis & Big Rubble. My concern is that one of them is a knock off or POD copy. Both of the book's print are of exceptional quality and don't look POD. Unless POD quality has improved massively in recent years. I don't know where else to turn to find a question to this admittedly strange and obscure question. Thanks on advance. 

Edit: I realize that these books have been printed since the late 90s. So maybe I have two copies that are 20+ years apart in terms of when they where printed and that I can tell when they where printed by looking at their front pages. But I'm in bed and will check tomorrow. Any insights you have dear reader will be valued regardless. 

Edited by Deepest_Lore

7 hours ago, Deepest_Lore said:

Hello, I've recently come into copies of the Moon Design published Glorantha Classics Volume 1:  Pavis & Big Rubble. And Glorantha Classics Volume 4: Borderlands & Beyond. And when I put them on my shelf my copy of Borderlands & Beyond is about a tenth of an inch taller than my copy Pavis & Big Rubble. My concern is that one of them is a knock off or POD copy. Both of the book's print are of exceptional quality and don't look POD. Unless POD quality has improved massively in recent years. I don't know where else to turn to find a question to this admittedly strange and obscure question. Thanks on advance. 

All of my Gloranthan Classics are of slightly different heights. Pavis & Big Rubble is the shortest, then Cult Compendium, but Griffin Mountain and Borderlands & Beyond are the same height, so yours is probably a good copy.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

2 hours ago, soltakss said:

All of my Gloranthan Classics are of slightly different heights. Pavis & Big Rubble is the shortest, then Cult Compendium, but Griffin Mountain and Borderlands & Beyond are the same height, so yours is probably a good copy.

They were printed between 1999 and 2005, and by different printers. Trimming is not a precise science, so a millimeter or so in height difference should be expected. The copies on my shelf are very close in height, but also vary slightly. I doubt that yours are POD knock-offs, which are pretty rare. If they are, they probably have a glossy cover instead of a matte cover, which has far less shine to it.

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.