Arkham is superb

klecser

On 3/4/2024 at 2:01 AM, EldorfDragonsbane said:

Yes I know a double post, but would like to draw attention to a very nice "easter egg" location in this edition. Outskits location 109- Herber's Hill, Named after Keith Herber a musician from the late 1800's. I can only assume this is an homage to the late great Keith Herber who gave us the original Arkham Unveiled.

Yes, as @Mike M has noted in his tribute to Keith Herber, published today on the 15th anniversary of his passing:

In writing and producing the new edition of Arkham Unveiled, now simply called "Arkham,” I felt it was only right to honor Doc within the game’s canon, and so there’s a new entry within—look up location OS109 and you’ll find it. Just my way of thanking Doc and remembering him.

Edited by MOB
  • Like 2

We were at Pickering Psychopathic Hospital last night, visiting Cecil Hunter. Dr Ronayne was very helpful in answering the groups questions, while Jacob (our MU Janitor) took some time to visit his old friend and groundskeeper Eric Sykes. Much hilarity ensued when they recalled their youthful mishap with a plank. (It was fantastic to have all the information at my fingertips and a plan of the hospital.)

Now I just need an Arkham Deck...

• Like 6

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

On 3/13/2024 at 4:45 AM, Mike M said:

I look forward to hearing all manner of stories from everyone's games set in the legend-haunted town!

I appreciate that you took the time to include "in the future" sections to give Keepers options.

We haven't had an opportunity to play Arkham at the table yet (neither of our current CoC games are nearby - yet), but I did bring the Leatherette to the table. It was fun to watch people pour over it. It induces "careful reads" of people hesitating when they see an entry they really like. The humor injected into the Arkham Advertiser was also appreciated.

I've read about halfway through, and my mind is just abuzz with possibilities, Mike. Congratulations.

Michael

RPG Imaginings

• Like 3

The group found last night's dinner at the Fenner's Roadhouse (oh you've a picture of this place), a much more agreeable affair than at Squatter's Lake Motel. For a start the host, Reg served a fine ginger ale! His wife Mar, was much rattier than usual, but he explained that their waitress Lucy, had just receive the terrible news that her boyfriend Charlie, had unexpectedly died of a heart attack. And they were both having to cover her work as she was so upset. Dr. Smyth a colleague of her late boyfriend (professor Charles Leiter), went out back to the office console her (WHAT you've a map of this place too!). Dr. Smyth was able to secure her a visit to the morgue, arranged by her husband Dr. Chester Armwright who works at the hospital), as Miss Stone wished to say goodbye to her dear Charlie.

My players are impressed that they found the roadhouse on the map, and that I had a picture of it and an interior map.

Question, at the bottom of the Forward on page 9, these's a background image. Is this the Pickering Psychopathic Hospital?

• Like 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/