Lake Felster in the Godtime

Snugz

Question on Felster Lake/Lake Felster in central Ralios: if "It was carved out of the earth when the Storm Gods warred against the Serpent Beasts" (GtG), when did that happen?

It sounds like a Storm Age thing, but where it might be (~south/east of Nida, etc.), the GtG age maps (Appendix E) just show forest/ocean in early Storm, then Greatwood (middle Storm into Lesser Darkness), then ~Deadwood (Chaos Age), back to Greatwood (Grey Age). It's there by the Dawn (p126 Guide). I guess the Appendix E maps are just too zoomed-out to show it, and it was hidden in Forest (where the Hykimi Serpent Beasts would have been too, perhaps). And so yeah, maybe in the Storm Age sometime. Or, is there something I've missed?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Snugz said:

Question on Felster Lake/Lake Felster in central Ralios: if "It was carved out of the earth when the Storm Gods warred against the Serpent Beasts" (GtG), when did that happen?

Sounds to me like a side effect of the Plundering of Aron, a myth of the Stormbrothers who collectively returned the Vingkotling livestock lured away by the Enchanter (apparently a Mostali with pied piper magics).

Or you look it up on the Well of Daliath:

https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/lake-felster/

Edited by Joerg
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

1 hour ago, Snugz said:

Or, is there something I've missed?

No, think you've found what there is. Now, somewhere in the West around that region you have the "Hate Kills Everything" battle between Wakboth and Kajabor, so that might have altered or influenced its form, but otherwise you're looking at something during the Storm Age, possibly as the Storm Gods drove back the Floods and the Sea Gods.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

12 hours ago, Joerg said:

Sounds to me like a side effect of the Plundering of Aron, a myth of the Stormbrothers who collectively returned the Vingkotling livestock lured away by the Enchanter (apparently a Mostali with pied piper magics).

Ahh I'd never have thought of that; that's an interesting idea. I'd assumed that this was some sort of parallel with the Orlanth and Aroka myth; but both could be "true".

On 3/7/2024 at 4:56 PM, Snugz said:

It sounds like a Storm Age thing, but where it might be (~south/east of Nida, etc.), the GtG age maps (Appendix E) just show forest/ocean in early Storm, then Greatwood (middle Storm into Lesser Darkness), then ~Deadwood (Chaos Age), back to Greatwood (Grey Age). It's there by the Dawn (p126 Guide). I guess the Appendix E maps are just too zoomed-out to show it, and it was hidden in Forest (where the Hykimi Serpent Beasts would have been too, perhaps). And so yeah, maybe in the Storm Age sometime. Or, is there something I've missed?

My guess, and it is entirely a guess, is that it would have happened in the Storm Age Greatwood, before it became Deadwood. It all depends whether it happened before the slaying of Yelm (Early Storm Age) or after (Later Storm Age/Lesser Darkness).

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here