A Rough Guide to Boldhome - out now in print & PDF

Out now on the Jonstown Compendium in print and digital format: A Rough Guide to Boldhome, by David Hall, Jeff Richard, Greg Stafford and Friends. This is the sourcebook for 1992's freeform live action role-playing game Home of the Bold, reissued to support its Chaosium Con 2024 "Director's Cut." As with A Rough Guide to Glamour, the original 28-page player booklet (which contained Greg Stafford's description of the city and recent Sartarite history: the Boldhome Documents) has been massively enhanced, with glorious new full-colour artwork and maps, fiction, a songbook, plus 19 pages of preview material from Chaosium's forthcoming Sartar Book, making this an essential resource for any RuneQuest campaign set in Sartar.

COLLECTOR'S NOTE: two items from previous editions are not in this version: Dan Barker's black and white cover art, and the short Rough Guide article by David Hall & Kevin Jacklin. Yurek Chodak's one-page map of Dragon Pass has been replaced with a two- page map detailing Dragon Pass & Prax by Colin Driver, the cartographer of the Guide to Glorantha and Argan Argar Atlas, who also provides new maps of Genertela and the Tribes of Sartar. Walter Moore's view of Boldhome, map of Boldhome and map of Geo's Inns have been colourised, and the city description is revised and expanded.

• Like 10

I think the only one of those that I have is Convulsion '92. I thought I had "Report on" but I can't see it on my shef, it might still be in a box somewhere from my last house move. I will of course get the new one! Nineteen preview pages? Sign me up!

I can understand the art and map. Is there a reason why the Hall & Jacklin piece is not in it? I have it anyway so I'm not fussed, but is it online anywhere for those that don't?

The article’s authors thought it wasn’t (a) up to scratch, (b) worth rewriting or (c) possible to salvage anything from it. We might add it as a bonus download in a bit, but you’re not missing anything. I just wanted to be up-front about it before some annoying completist who started their collection last century made people think they were missing out. You’re really not.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

...I just wanted to be up-front about it before some annoying completist who started their collection last century made people think they were missing out. You’re really not.

I thought it was worth it just for the final sentence!

On bagpipes:

...instruments similar to these are popular amongst a few obscure chaotic cults, where they have been called Walktapipes.

Often confused with (or possibly the root cause of) the chaotic feature "Agonizing screams when moving".

Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1