Corrections thread - Cults of RuneQuest: The Lunar Way

MOB

In the Prospaedia p28 Deezola is associated with the Crescent-Going Moon. In Lunar Way p53 it is the Dying Moon. Which is correct? The whole writeup for Deezola move her to Dying Moon/Gerra rather than Crescent-Going/Lesilla. In the Sourcebook she is also Crescent-Go. She has gradually been 'drifting' as in Cults of Prax and the Cults Compendium she was the empty half.

1 hour ago, Dan McLaughlin said:

The whole writeup for Deezola move her to Dying Moon/Gerra rather than Crescent-Going/Lesilla.

Jeff and Nick say it is deliberate, so I guess Deezola => Gerra is the new normal. (I like to imagine Lunar theologians arguing the toss.)

NOTORIOUS VØID CULTIST

On 5/27/2024 at 5:09 PM, davecake said:

The Jakaleel spell Summon Ghost should be called Summon Dead, as Ghosts are explicitly spirits of the dead that have been bound to an area. The essentially identical Ty Kora Ted spell is called Summon Dead. 

It is unclear whether the spirit summoned by the spell is effected by Command Ghost. (both here, and in the Ty Fora Tea write description)

I was wondering about this too. I noticed that the Ty Kora Tek Summon Dead is not Temporal whereas the Jakaleel Summon Ghost is. Do you think this is deliberate or an error? If Summon Dead isn't temporal does it last indefinitely?

• 2 weeks later...

sorry if it was already said (I'm ... a little bit... drunk, seems to me the right way to find illumination 😉 )

Page 30 conversion from broadsword to kopis

Example: Ioram the Swordsman has seen the light and decides to become an initiate of the Seven Mothers. He is currently 80% with broadsword and 65% with 1H spear but wishes to demonstrate his conversion by adopting Lunar weapons. His spear and shield parry do not change. But converting from broadsword to kopis is a significant switch, since the kopis has only a single cutting edge. Ioram spends all available time making the change. The first week he is at 25% with kopis, at 40% the second week, 55% the third, the 70% the fourth, 85% the fifth, and 90% after six full weeks.

I think there is a mistake : Ioram is 80 % with broadsword, How can he obtain 85 then 90 ? I think the last sentence should be

The first week he is at 25% with kopis, at 40% the second week, 55% the third, the 70% the fourth, 80% after five full weeks

Am I wrong?

• 2 weeks later...